Name your "Guilty Pleasure" Album

Dirty_Boogie

Still got the ol' tagger on it
So we all have our favorite musical styles/genres/eras etc. Some of the stuff we still listen to, some we've moved on from, some we'll always love, and some we just can't stand anymore.

BUT, what's one album that you still secretly love to listen to, even if you wouldn't admit it to anyone?

I'll start... Whitesnake's 1987 album. Big hair, more "Ooh Baby's" than you can shake a stick at, and huge reverbed-out guitar tracks. Love it!

Last edited:
Burt Bacharach's Greatest Hits. So soft and fluffy, such great melodies, yet so very wimpy...

Styx - Mr. Roboto. It was their last good album, even though they jumped the shark with the whole Orwellian Drama behind it. I had the entire album memorized, and had trained my voice to match Tommy Shaw note for note. I listen to it on MP3 at least once a year, usually when i'm on the road.

So we all have our favorite musical styles/genres/eras etc. Some of the stuff we still listen to, some we've moved on from, some we'll always love, and some we just can't stand anymore.

BUT, what's one album that you still secretly love to listen to, even if you wouldn't admit it to anyone?

I'll start... Whitesnake's 1987 album. Big hair, more "Ooh Baby's than you can shake a stick at, and huge reverbed-out guitar tracks. Love it!

No guilt in that one! Rock on!

Dokken's "Back For the Attack." I wore out a cassette and had to buy it again, just from scooching ahead side one to get to "Mr Scary."

Wait, you guys aren't getting in the spirit of the thread. This is another great one!

Duran Duran's Rio. Andy Taylor was cool. Love that album.

Burt Bacharach's Greatest Hits. So soft and fluffy, such great melodies, yet so very wimpy...

Styx - Mr. Roboto. It was their last good album, even though they jumped the shark with the whole Orwellian Drama behind it. I had the entire album memorized, and had trained my voice to match Tommy Shaw note for note. I listen to it on MP3 at least once a year, usually when i'm on the road.

Now we're talkin'! :D

(j/k)

Dokken's "Back For the Attack." I wore out a cassette and had to buy it again, just from scooching ahead side one to get to "Mr Scary."
Good one! The thing I love about Mr. Scary is that it's great guitar from start to finish. Normally, with Dokken songs, I just fast forward to hear the guitar solo, and then on to the next track. No need with Mr. Scary.

Hands down.

7uo6Jii.jpg

Dokken is a shameless love of mine, but they don't fit into the "guilty pleasure" category... I've never managed to take them out of my regular rotation. :eek:

I’ll admit to everything. I don’t even care anymore... f@ck yeah I love Wham! And Justin Timberlake... even Bruno Mars.

I know I had several guilty pleasures back when I cared what people thought (mostly "girly" stuff). But now I just don't give a crap what anyone thinks.

Probably the closest thing to a guilty pleasure now is Disney songs. But I'll still still sing 'em out loud in public with my kid and/or wife.

Rio has some damn good musicianship on it!

Back