Name 5 Guitarists you’d love to see convert to PRS

Joe Bonamassa - Just to see the guitar corner of the internet explode.

Plini - Great player and I really like his music, but I’ll be able to take him more seriously when he drops the headless guitar for a PRS.

Ian Thornley - I basically just want to see my favorite guitarists use a PRS at least once. For the visual.

Steve Lukather - see above

SRV - a) that would mean he’s still alive, and b) take that John Mayer!

You guys got it covered! But then PRS would be more like the F & G companies.. can’t have that. PRS production couldn't keep up with it anyway………Variety is the spice of life….
We are the underdogs with a great secret, although it would be cool if Derek Trucks, Dickey Betts (Goldtop only) and Warren played them (although he used to)…..I was going to mention Jimmy Herring, but he’s playing them now:)

Last edited:
Would a Bonamassa sig cause more or less Internet angst than the Mayer did?

Haha, that’s a good question! I think it’d be similar, but for different reasons. With Mayer, most of the commotion was about PRS “making a Strat”, since he was already a PRS player. The SC594 is pretty well established, though, even sig models like the Joe Walsh Ltd. But Bonamassa has cultivated a “tone purist” persona, centered around his love of vintage guitars where he thinks all the mojo is at. So the commotion would be about him choosing PRS, not the specifics of the guitar itself.

My fortune cookie prediction (which will never happen).

Well, saw Joe Satriani last nite in Boston. Just a ripping show. Superb! From what I could see from the balcony, he tore threw a lineup of Ibanez’s. Suits his play. Can’t see him ever changing. Dam, that guy has fun playing! A shear pleasure to watch. I dunno - plural of Ibanez?

Well, saw Joe Satriani last nite in Boston. Just a ripping show. Superb! From what I could see from the balcony, he tore threw a lineup of Ibanez’s. Suits his play. Can’t see him ever changing. Dam, that guy has fun playing! A shear pleasure to watch. I dunno - plural of Ibanez?
Ibanese, where did you see him?

I would love if Pete Loeffler of Chevelle came back to PRS. Heck Ben Burnley of Breaking Benjamin would be cool too. PRS kind of turned their backs on these artists once their popularity wained. Such a shame. They both still make incredible music and really helped PRS expand in the 2000’s.

a band not popular here but excellent musicians that I would love in PRS: Thrice. Too bad Dustin is now part of Music Man.

Pipe dreams of active artists: David grohl, Jerry Cantrell, John frusciante, slash, Tom morello, Ben Harper…the list is very long.

When we saw Satch, he played all Ibaneeses all night. And sounded great. We saw Vai last night, looked like all Ibaneeses, but he did leave Jem/Pia territory a few times. And he played the Hydra (my buddy said, "So, what, 50 grand for one song?"). And Dave Weiner played a Strat a lot of the night, and a one-pickup Super Strat whose brand I couldn't make out, but also a PS PRS 7-string and what looked like an SE 7-string (couldn't tell if it was a Holcomb or SVN, but pretty sure it was an SE).

I'm gonna be different:
1- Malcom Young
2- Ian Bairnson
3- Davey Johnstone
4- Johnny Lang
5- Richie Sambora
Not any particular reason, just like the way they play.

When we saw Satch, he played all Ibaneeses all night. And sounded great. We saw Vai last night, looked like all Ibaneeses, but he did leave Jem/Pia territory a few times. And he played the Hydra (my buddy said, "So, what, 50 grand for one song?"). And Dave Weiner played a Strat a lot of the night, and a one-pickup Super Strat whose brand I couldn't make out, but also a PS PRS 7-string and what looked like an SE 7-string (couldn't tell if it was a Holcomb or SVN, but pretty sure it was an SE).

Something I forgot - early in the show, Vai and Weiner came to the front of the stage to their right. Two guys from the crew, who were kept busy all night w/keeping cables sorted and playing parts, ran out to the two pedal boards, dropped to one knee, and proceeded to work the wah pedals with their hands. Never saw that before.

Bjorn Gelotte - In Flames
Ty Tabor - King's X (if only for a P90 sig)
Eric Johnson - just because
Roman Ibramkhalilov - Jinjer
Dug Pinnick - 12 string PRS Bass would be interesting

Back