Name 5 Guitarists you’d love to see convert to PRS

Watchu takin’ ‘bout Willis?

NGD coming up (give me about 8 days).

But, you did convert me to Milka. ;)

i-kKZ5rtv.jpg

OK, I did not realize this, but it would appear that some time ago, David Ivor St. Hubbins may have "converted" to PRS! Supporting material can be seen at this location! WARNING: There are statements and inferences made in this video that may be offensive to sensitive individuals! If you are NOT comfortable hearing individuals speak in such terms and mannerisms, do NOT click on that link! You have been warned. For those who can handle these legendary musicians tip toeing around their sexy and racial foibles, engage at your own risk!!

Here are the specific moments where I witnessed the power of a PRS in the hands of this legendary player:
3:00 - Sex Farm
19:27 - Warmer Than Hell
22:20 - Flower People (Reggae Version)
31:20 - Back From The Dead
48:40 - Stonehenge
57:50 - Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight

These are NOT performances of these songs, but instead these 3 legends reminiscing about some of their classic hits.

This may be a bit out of character for me, but someone has to be Diavolo Avogadro here...

I figure players whose work (including tone) I like should play whatever they feel like, whether it's a PRS or not.

This includes, but is not limited to, 11Top. You go, guy. Play those Gibsons and have a ball! Go for that endorsement deal with Gibson!

PRS has plenty of wonderful players endorsing their product, including all time greats like JM, Carlos and RF. That tells ya what ya might need to know when answering the question, "Who plays PRS that's any good?"

If everyone who's great plays PRS, people will start to sound alike and that would suck worse than having great players not play PRS.

Frankly madam, I don't give a damn who plays PRS or not, except that I choose to play nothing but PRS because that's the tone I like for my own work. What else matters? What else should matter?

We don't need to justify our stinking, stonking, or stellar existence by calling ourselves PRS players. What justifies our musical existence - or not - is the music, pure and simple. It's all about the music, it should be all about the music, and it should not be all about the brand.

"Les, you may regret this post in the morning."

"I have no regrets."

"What about selling that SC58 Artist package with the ebony fretboard and 53/10s?"

"Well, maybe I have a regret or two..."

Last edited:
This may be a bit out of character for me, but someone has to be Diavolo Avogadro here...

I figure players whose work (including tone) I like should play whatever they feel like, whether it's a PRS or not.

This includes, but is not limited to, 11Top. You go, guy. Play those Gibsons and have a ball! Go for that endorsement deal with Gibson!

PRS has plenty of wonderful players endorsing their product, including all time greats like JM, Carlos and RF. That tells ya what ya might need to know when answering the question, "Who plays PRS that's any good?"

If everyone who's great plays PRS, people will start to sound alike and that would suck worse than having great players not play PRS.

Frankly madam, I don't give a damn who plays PRS or not, except that I choose to play nothing but PRS because that's the tone I like for my own work. What else matters? What else should matter?

We don't need to justify our stinking, stonking, or stellar existence by calling ourselves PRS players. What justifies our musical existence - or not - is the music, pure and simple. It's all about the music, it should be all about the music, and it should not be all about the brand.

"Les, you may regret this post in the morning."

"I have no regrets."

"What about selling that SC58 Artist package with the ebony fretboard and 53/10s?"

"Well, maybe I have a regret or two..."
sure sure, still be funny to see bob dylan with a custom 24.

sure sure, still be funny to see bob dylan with a custom 24.
Bah!

It was sad tp see Dylan with anything other than a Martin acoustic, but did that stop him? Hell no!

Guitar hero wet-dreams do not inspire me, people!

"Whaaaat?"

You know, fantasizing over which guitar players do or do not play a particular brand of guitar is the least satisfying of all possible wet dreams."

"What music related wet-dreams are fascinating, when you get right down to it?"

"Dude. I write for orchestra now. That's a humongous, 88-virtuosos-all-playing-together wet dream."

"Do orchestras play your music?"

"Of course not. That's why it's a wet dream!" :rolleyes:

Bah!

It was sad tp see Dylan with anything other than a Martin acoustic, but did that stop him? Hell no!

Guitar hero wet-dreams do not inspire me, people!

"Whaaaat?"

You know, fantasizing over which guitar players do or do not play a particular brand of guitar is the least satisfying of all possible wet dreams."

"What music related wet-dreams are fascinating, when you get right down to it?"

"Dude. I write for orchestra now. That's a humongous, 88-virtuosos-all-playing-together wet dream."

"Do orchestras play your music?"

"Of course not. That's why it's a wet dream!" :rolleyes:
i said it was funny, not my sexual fantasy.

Steve Vai won't convert. Jem (and whole RG series that followed) is his creation. He is literally a Les Paul of Ibanez.

Sry to be a ******** with correcting you, buddy

He does own several PRS electrics and has been seen playing them live. Steve has a very astute business brain and he is in the business of selling "his" Ibanez but he has been seen playing a lot more brands and types of guitar live recently.

He does own several PRS electrics and has been seen playing them live. Steve has a very astute business brain and he is in the business of selling "his" Ibanez but he has been seen playing a lot more brands and types of guitar live recently.
Wow, thanks a ton for that link! What a collection!!

Steve is in his 60's and just doesn't give a damn anymore. I think he's beyond having to worry what Ibanez thinks of him playing other brands on stage. Ibanez wouldn't exist today without him.

Bravo, Les!
This. Exactly this.
My playing style and preference is firmly planted in the heavier side of music. PRS players are few and far between. I haven’t seen a PRS at ANY show that I’ve been to in years (unless I was playing in it).
And I don’t care. I don’t care what anyone else plays or doesn’t play.
I play these guitars and that’s all that matters to me.:)

Bravo, Les!
This. Exactly this.
My playing style and preference is firmly planted in the heavier side of music. PRS players are few and far between. I haven’t seen a PRS at ANY show that I’ve been to in years (unless I was playing in it).
And I don’t care. I don’t care what anyone else plays or doesn’t play.
I play these guitars and that’s all that matters to me.:)

They're certainly not the majority of guitars I see, but I see them at about half the shows I go to. My wife is kind of sick of me (who'da guessed?) texting her "PRS sighting!" from shows.

That said, they're the guitars that make me happy. I can't make myself happy playing X guitar just because someone else does, at least not anymore.

Back