NAD - Paisley Blue Sierra 50W and cab

Greywolf

Luthier and Sound Sensei
mddu2k4vrvgzzytbscnn.jpg
I opened my Reverb feed this morning and found this gem,being an old 5th generation San Francisco born Hippie , I just couldn't resist .

Last edited:
Beautiful. I was looking at that listing myself and debating if I bought it and then sold the 4x12 paisley cab I haven’t even had delivered yet. Cheers to you. It’s love to get your take on the Blue Sierra compared to other amps. I’ve never heard on before.

never even heard of then before today . I'd been looking for a paisley HX/DA50 with a cab ..this popped up and I figured it was as close as I was going to find and the price was the same as my DG30. It seems to follow the same tone ideology

PS you can edit your profile banner to get rid of the new member title

Last edited:
Absolutely will post a tone report . I suspect it will have a lot in common with the DG30 , lord knows I'll never dime it .
I'm one of those folks that likes to run in stereo ( or bi-amp in the case of my 5 string fiddle) so this will be the other side .
..and my grandsons won't have to fight over who gets the PRS amp ...

I believe the front panel tolex panel is similar to the Archon , would love to replace it with some nice figured wood. I've seen plates for the Archon online .. I can easily make one...question is ... Has any one switched to one and how do you pop the plate off ? internal screws?
0bTlB6T.jpg

I believe the front panel tolex panel is similar to the Archon , would love to replace it with some nice figured wood. I've seen plates for the Archon online .. I can easily make one...question is ... Has any one switched to one and how do you pop the plate off ? internal screws?
0bTlB6T.jpg
I believe you have to access screws from the inside.
I got one of their amps with both yellow and red plates.

Thanks , much appreciated . I'm thinking of putting some Curly Koa in there , it would look amazing
You should stain it to match one of your PRSi! If any of them are blue, that is the one I would choose considering the name of the amp!! @docteurseb has a lot of the color stuff figured out (he has done tuner buttons and TRC's that look dead nuts on for match in his, mine and other guitars) and he is in Cali, so if you are uncertain how to get a certain color, he may be able to help! Looks like a killer head/cab set! Congrats!!

Special dye finishes have been my specialty for many decades .. Curly Koa is spectacular and matches the color range of the cab already, no dye needed and I have several nice examples in my wood library .
While I'd love to have a Koa PRS , I'm happy with my 3 Koa Taylors and a Koa Bass I made. UPS says Monday
il_1588xN.4597096361_ci68.jpg

Last edited:
Back