NAD - Paisley Blue Sierra 50W and cab

Special dye finishes have been my specialty for many decades .. Curly Koa is spectacular and matches the color range of the cab already, no dye needed and I have several nice examples in my wood library .
While I'd love to have a Koa PRS , I'm happy with my 3 Koa Taylors and a Koa Bass I made.
il_1588xN.4597096361_ci68.jpg
Yeah, those pieces don't need SH!T! Great stuff, I type corrected!! Looking forward to the final product pix!!!

I just noticed today that the discontinued the DG50 head , I recall Paul saying the 30 sold Much better . So that makes me extra happy I got a CAD 50W as it they have gone into history

I just noticed today that the discontinued the DG50 head , I recall Paul saying the 30 sold Much better . So that makes me extra happy I got a CAD 50W as it they have gone into history
It’s been said before, and I agree, that CAD amps are going to be sought after gems in the future. You did good. And a paisley cab… dagnabit!

Other than 20 watts, what is the difference in sounds between the 30 and the 50?

The 30 uses EL84's the 50 uses I believe a bigger transformer and a quartet of EL34's Grissom as well preferred the tone of the 30. Doug Sewell said the DG's were the most complex amps he's built to date .. my 30 is a dream, can't wait to hear the blue

Last edited:
The Paisley has Landed !!!!!!!!!

UPS did a great job packing , this beauty looks brand new except for a minor scratch on one of the corner protectors ..on the lower back ... no worries. Sonically ... I thought I'd plug in straight with McSoapy and use the same setting I do on the DG30 .

WAY more sparkly , pristine with the Master and tones dimed . It will be a perfect tonal compliment , the closed back cab sounds great
He put nice tubes in as well TAD EL34-STR REDBASE ( matched remake of the British Mullard ) and their 12ax7/at7 selects

VERY happy ..

The tolex front panel is only 4 screws . fairly easy access :)

Last edited:
The Paisley has Landed !!!!!!!!!

UPS did a great job packing , this beauty looks brand new except for a minor scratch on one of the corner protectors ..on the lower back ... no worries. Sonically ... I thought I'd plug in straight with McSoapy and use the same setting I do on the DG30 .

WAY more sparkly , pristine with the Master and tones dimed . It will be a perfect tonal compliment , the closed back cab sounds great
He put nice tubes in as well TAD EL34-STR REDBASE ( matched remake of the British Mullard ) and their 12ax7/at7 selects

VERY happy ..

The tolex front panel is only 4 screws . fairly easy access :)
Awesome!

Special dye finishes have been my specialty for many decades .. Curly Koa is spectacular and matches the color range of the cab already, no dye needed and I have several nice examples in my wood library .
While I'd love to have a Koa PRS , I'm happy with my 3 Koa Taylors and a Koa Bass I made. UPS says Monday
il_1588xN.4597096361_ci68.jpg
That's some gorgeous stuff!

I've had a few delicious hours with the new toy ,and while I've had a 2 amp setup for over 30 years , this one had the best stereo imaging I've had yet. The sound appears to emanate from dead center between the Sierra and DG, and it's AWESOME. A bit surprised the DG30 has a bit more guts at the lower volume setting, as soon as you get to about 1/4 turn the additional power of the 50w just takes over in a big way . The most fun is using my fiddle trick of taking the wet signal out of the TC stereo chorus/trem/flanger into a TRex Quint Octave box , and an octave down and a touch of 5th and the sound is a reedy monster , add a bit of fuzz and the Daemons of Morder are laughing through the mist. drier signal to the DG

Sort of bass synthy , Derek Trucks gets that tone ... it's so addictively fun I was giggling .

Last edited:
The range of tones is enough to satisfy everything I can imagine or play. Pristine clean to THICK and creamy , near infinite CLEAN sustain at low volumes , and enough power to have the PoPo at the door .

For the Curious: Xotic Sweet Sauce booster->Fender MTG Tube Distortion (old school) -> Keely Dark Side->Boss Auto-Wah -Keeley Hooke Reverb-: TC Stereo Chorus/Trem/Flanger -> split path 1 DG 30 / path 2 Trex Quint octave pedal set with 50% 1 octave down, 25% 5th to Blue Sierra

Very fun to stack the gains of the first 3 stages as the Dark side has a wicked fuzz I have set to full range (vs scoop /flat) .. Santana in a box at bedroom volumes
It also has phase/univibe/flange/leslie/delay that are quiet fun , the Hooke has Univibe/reverb and Trem /verb settings .. stacking those is a bit like the PRS Mary Cries trip .

Kick in the quint ( which I typically use for fiddle to add "reediness) and it sounds SO wicked.

Last edited:
Thought this was about a Brad Paisley product. Was thinking out of the box.

Back