NAD HXDA

Thanks for ll the nice comments. Seems to be a lot of nice peeps on this forum. This one is a 30 watt and sound fantastic without the Fryette PS2. I actually sold the PS2. I 'm playing it through a 412 with 2 Blackbacks and 2 Celestion Cream Alnicos and my heavens does it sound good. So glad I bought it. Great amp!
I mostly used the PS2 for the FX loop for my H9 pedal. I found it pretty transparent.

This year mine will have been here for six years. I’ve never kept an amp this long since I was in college. Like Steve, I’ve had a plethora of high end amps; this has turned out to be my main “voice”.

“When were you in college, Les?”

“Let’s put it this way: we spent a lot of time protesting the Peleponnesian War.”

This year mine will have been here for six years. I’ve never kept an amp this long since I was in college. Like Steve, I’ve had a plethora of high end amps; this has turned out to be my main “voice”.

“When were you in college, Les?”

“Let’s put it this way: we spent a lot of time protesting the Peleponnesian War.”
You Wolverine fraternities are so competitive.

Thanks Emtcustom24 . There is all kinds of great tones in the HXDA. I'm the happiest I've been with an amp in a long time. A DGT or Les Paul is just unbelievably good. I usually live in the DA side but some material calls for the HX. I alternate some of the HXDA switches depending on what I'm going after. If I use it for clean tones I use the HX side with one switch DA and the bass gain almost off. I can actually grab a tele add some slap back and compression and pull off killer Bakerersfield tones or anything up from there. It sounds great on clean ballad stuff as (another requirement of mine) and kills on rock ballads. Great amp!

Back