NAD HXDA

Steve5nine4

Well it was NAD 13 days ago and seems like it still is everyday. I was told about the HXDA several years back and never made the move. After bombarding Les with lots of questions I decided to try one. I can't believe I waited this long. It has turned out to be my favorite amp ever. I've had a revolving door for boutique amps for 19 years and there's been many and I mean many amps through that door. I've had every Marshall type amp on the market ( Dumble, Vox, Fender as well) and there has been some good ones but this HXDA takes the cake. This thing is dialed in perfect to my ear. It cleans up great, has a great master, touch sensitive, sustain galore, very harmonically rich, (and stills cuts like a Wilkinson Sword) very well balanced across the strings, I could go on and on.
I want to thank Les for answering all my questions and then some. Very knowledgeable guy and very helpful. Its a very good feeling to have an amp of this caliber and I'm now curious about other amps made by PRS in the Fender vein, maybe one day a Super Dallas. Although this HXDA has great cleans as well.

Congrats! I had a combo briefly and loved it, especially with my DC 594. Unfortunately it lost due to the volume wars even with a Fryette PS2 so now Tucson Thump gets to enjoy it. I really miss that amp!

EDIT - should mention I’m a home player who often plays after my wife and young son go to bed so low volume is required. While the amp has a great master, somehow the volume kept creeping up? :p

I probably should just “like” your post, but congratulations are in order!

By some magical series of events, it seems that my saying “hey, congratulations on your new amp!” always seems to morph into my saying “hey, honey, look at the new amp I just bought” at some future point.

Here is a couple pics.
k2DeKRx.jpg

0pL7UJW.jpg

Well it was NAD 13 days ago and seems like it still is everyday. I was told about the HXDA several years back and never made the move. After bombarding Les with lots of questions I decided to try one. I can't believe I waited this long. It has turned out to be my favorite amp ever. I've had a revolving door for boutique amps for 19 years and there's been many and I mean many amps through that door. I've had every Marshall type amp on the market ( Dumble, Vox, Fender as well) and there has been some good ones but this HXDA takes the cake. This thing is dialed in perfect to my ear. It cleans up great, has a great master, touch sensitive, sustain galore, very harmonically rich, (and stills cuts like a Wilkinson Sword) very well balanced across the strings, I could go on and on.

After seeing many of your amp postings at TGP for years now, that's really saying a lot. I've got to try one of these!

I want to thank Les for answering all my questions and then some. Very knowledgeable guy and very helpful. Its a very good feeling to have an amp of this caliber and I'm now curious about other amps made by PRS in the Fender vein, maybe one day a Super Dallas. Although this HXDA has great cleans as well.
Excellent! Did you get the 30w or 50w?

Btw, there’s a lot in common between the HXDA and SuperD. The power stage is the same, Tone stack and associated circuits are different but enough to justify having both. I’m just delinquent in making that happen. :oops:

Congrats! I had a combo briefly and loved it, especially with my DC 594. Unfortunately it lost due to the volume wars even with a Fryette PS2 so now Tucson Thump gets to enjoy it. I really miss that amp!

EDIT - should mention I’m a home player who often plays after my wife and young son go to bed so low volume is required. While the amp has a great master, somehow the volume kept creeping up? :p
I’m in your boat. That’s the same reason Toothace now has mine.

Thanks for ll the nice comments. Seems to be a lot of nice peeps on this forum. This one is a 30 watt and sound fantastic without the Fryette PS2. I actually sold the PS2. I 'm playing it through a 412 with 2 Blackbacks and 2 Celestion Cream Alnicos and my heavens does it sound good. So glad I bought it. Great amp!

Back