NAD!! HXDA and matching 2x12 Stealth Cab

Kine

Large Member
Well, last week I took in my possession a new HXDA and matching 2x12 Stealth Cab. It's by far the best amp I've ever owned. The tone is to die for, in my opinion, and it suits my style perfectly! I'm super excited and it just pairs so well with what I'm doing. I'm finally able to find some of those elusive tones I've been searching for!

The color is the standard charcoal flame. I happen to really like this finish as it reminds me of wet sand at the beach. I've really admired the charcoal bursts before in guitars but never wanted to own one as there are other bursts I like better for guitars. However, I think it looks pretty cool on the amp!

Sorry about the bad glare and quality of the pics. Had to use my camera phone. I'll try and get some better ones soon.
EDIT: New photos a few posts down

Wanted to thank everyone for their help!

Last edited:
Thanks gentlemen! I've been playing my DGTs thru it and loving it! Waiting for the return of my McCarty... that should be interesting! It'll be really fun to compare tones.

Here's some new shots (I have to stand at that angle to prevent the glare... lol)

Great looking rig. I bet it sounds amazing. I am still bummed I don't have a PRS head and 2x12 rig. It's calling me!

Thanks everyone! I thought I would be done GASin by now but I'm beginning to understand that GAS may just be incurable...

Very nice! :D
I'd really like to play one!

You must!

PRS and Doug Sewell unlocked the secrets of one of the most classic amps of all time, and then incorporated the parts so it could be switched into another of the most classic amps ever.

And they did it beautifully. The amp immediately gets those wonderful tones you've heard on the great records of the era, does it at a wide range of volumes, operates like a dream, and sounds like the hand-wired masterpiece that it is.

It is touch responsive, extremely versatile, and I've yet to hear an amp that comes close to getting these tones so right. If you have always wanted the kinds of tones it creates, to play it is to want it, because there is nothing this good on the market for that set of sounds, and frankly, there hasn't been anything this good sounding on the market for those tones in a very long time. I've played an awful lot of amps over the years, and these sounds are very hard to find.

If you have ever played a more modern JCM 800 style Marshall, and were disappointed because it doesn't truly deliver these classic tones, this is the one to get. I can't imagine life without one now.

It sounds good with every guitar I've tried with it, and a few that friends and session guys brought over of all makes. It's that good.

And to make matters even better, the controls feel wonderful, and putting them on top of the amp makes bending over to get a look at the faceplate to set the controls a thing of the past.

It truly worries me that I only have one. I really feel the need for a backup, but can't get one yet. Soon I must. Did I mention that it's also a superb platform for pedals?

Last edited:
Looks beautiful, congrats! Would love to hear some tone clips :rock:

Sweet! Congrats. Would love to hear some clips.

I'll try and post some clips at some point. It just may be a bit before I get to that.

In the mean time, I think the youtube videos of Dave Grissom demoing the HXDA at NAMM 2013 and Tim Pierce demoing his 50w and 100w do a pretty good job of showing off the potential sounds of the amp.

Congrats on the new amp! It's identical to mine as well... love that thing. So smooth..... I use a Custom 22 and a Stripped 58 through mine. The 58 is very thick and creamy sounding, the 22 is a little thinner sounding but more grittier... I'm still wanting to pick up an NF3 to get that Strat sound too. Happy blasting!

Congrats on the new amp! It's identical to mine as well... love that thing. So smooth..... I use a Custom 22 and a Stripped 58 through mine. The 58 is very thick and creamy sounding, the 22 is a little thinner sounding but more grittier... I'm still wanting to pick up an NF3 to get that Strat sound too. Happy blasting!
Oh man, it's so much fun! I'm still in awe at the tones I'm getting. At some point I'd like to check out the strat sound with it too. I'm currently playing my DGT and of course it's incredible. The McCarty is at the PTC and I'm anxious to use that too.

What pedals are you finding work well?

Back