NAAD

Wakester

Re Member
* New Acoustic Amp Day * (well sort of)

My loving wife got me a Tonewood Amp for my A55E, for Christmas.:D (and all I got her was a lousy Office Desk and Thalia Capo:cool:)

This really more of a onboard preamp with effects, that attaches directly to the guitar (without doing any damage to the guitar body.)

I've only just started playing with it, but it is a really cool device that can add delays and reverbs and amp effects to the guitar without having to go through an amp and pedal board. Initial impression is that is seems to be rather gainy and creates feedback in the guitar body. But' that can be adjusted out fairly quickly.

gvjQh3Y.jpg

The videos on this are insane, can’t wait to hear if the hype is real.
Oh it's real.:)

I updated the firmware and switched the OD effect for the Chorus effect. This thing takes my already awesome sounding guitar to whole new level. On board effects was the thing of dreams when I was a kid, now it is a reality. Along with any of the installed effects; Chorus, AutoWah, Leslie, Tremolo Delay, Delay, Plate, Room, and Hall, you can have a reverb effect behind it that can be dialed in or out. I still need to dial in the Master Gain some more to kill some feedback issues, but it does what they say. All effects are adjustable just like on a foot pedal with level, rate, decay, etc. available on the parameters knob.

The unit itself will add some weight to the back of the guitar, but not a terrible amount that you will notice if seated. Installation is fairly easy, but I would caution anyone with wrist problems or heavy forearms to have some help from someone with toothpicks for arms. You do have to reach into the body cavity to place the mounting magnet, but once set in with the double sided tape, you won't have to move it again. the outer unit runs on 3 AA batteries, and the unit will tell you battery level on start up, so you will know when it is near time to replace them. Once attached to the magnet the unit does not move, and is for the most part unobtrusive. the connection is very solid, but will separate from the guitar body without any damage to the finish. I will probably leave mine attached unless I have to case it for transport.

I don't know how well this would work for on-stage use, but it is a pre-amp so I guess it would be ok once you plug into an amp or PA system. For at home use or quiet practice it will be the bees knees. I just checked, and you can plug in headphones into the output jack to listen in mono to set parameters or practice.

Back