N5D - Private Stock Semi-Hollow 594 Citrus Glow Smoked Burst!!

Another awesome guitar Pete! I can't wait to see the other two!
Righteous Guitars did mention they're doing another Korina WL run, this time of SC594s, didn't they?

Pretty darn perfect. Love it. It has a super 3D top that really jumps out at you very much like the 594 trem!

I'm a little torn on the pup rings...
Pros - they perfectly match the micro burst and they are very classy
Cons - my eye tends to go to them too much, I wished they would blend in more and not distract from the AMAZING TOP! Again, I am torn....

Lets see what you think after you see it in person, and get your paws all over it! :)

Thanks everyone for the very kind comments!!

Very unique beauty! Love the knots and that quilt. Gratz on your creation!

Are either of your other 2 going to be singlecuts?

The 2 PS you have are just insane, I can't image what you are doing with 2 more in the oven.

Thanks, John!!

One will be a Singlecut, the other a Doublecut. I have some unique attributes beyond that to make them each unique and special, stay tuned as those come in later this year (summer timeframe)... ;)

Oh, I'll bet you say that to all the guitars. ;)

Well, 2 of my current collection at least! :)

Wow Pete!! You killed it with this one! Something about that top is VERY 3D! Not entirely sure I would have picked it from the library, but I would have regretted it!!!

And I love the resonance of a semi-hollow. Any significant change that you are aware between having and not having the f-hole?

Enjoy this one. I am certain it sounds phenomenal!

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin! I am told there is a subtle difference re tone with no F-Hole. I did it more for the aesthetics of it.

The tone is AMAZING with it being Semi-Hollow! It is really terrific, my favorite DC 594 to-date, no question, re tone.

It is also about the way it feels, the way it resonates. It is mid blowing how different it feels, it is like the Semi-Hollow Body is a resonance engine, you can feel it, it sustains for days and the harmonics breakup and swirl around, with a Plexi type amp (of which I have dozens of tasty ones on my Kemper) you can hit a chord, a note, a double-stop and just listen and marvel as it sustains. It has brought some tears to my eyes in amazement in the past 24 hours.

What an experience it must be to spec your own guitar. Lovely.

It is AWESOME! And it actually gets better over time, as you get better at it, the result is better, and more personal. I think this is my eighth time doing that since 2012, if I am remembering correctly.

Wow, so awesome, where to begin?! Just so tastefully done and thought out. I don't usually like quilts - about 2% of the ones I ever see would I own. This is the best quilt I've ever seen, congrats. Frankly when I first saw your inlays when you spoke about them last year, I wasn't digging them. But now I get it, seeing the final result. It's part of what makes this look like and scream "custom". And the glow treatments - I've become a big fan. If I ever do a PS, it will be a glow of some sort. Great job, you should be really proud. I bet Paul had a smile on his face when he signed it.

Thanks!

Agree re the inlays, it makes it more unique and custom. My SC 594 has the "Blade Knots" and I feel the same way about that one too. Also the two I have in the oven also have some sort of Knots, different ones.

I am a big fan of the Glow finishes as well! My SC 594 Prototype PS is "Faded McCarty Glow", and it is very subtle and vintage, but also awesome in a PRS PS sort of way. One of my two remaining ones is a Glow finish, the other a Burst.

Pretty darn perfect. Love it. It has a super 3D top that really jumps out at you very much like the 594 trem!

I'm a little torn on the pup rings...
Pros - they perfectly match the micro burst and they are very classy
Cons - my eye tends to go to them too much, I wished they would blend in more and not distract from the AMAZING TOP! Again, I am torn....

Thanks, Brian!

No need to consider Pros and Cons. They can easily be changed. So really it is:

Pros - Having PRS select the Rings to match the Board, Headstock Veneer and Tuner buttons. (Which they did a GREAT job of!!)
Cons - None. If I get sick of them or want a more traditional look, I can easily have them swapped.

:)

I will post more here re comments on the tone when I get more playing time. So far I am delaying this my best Doublecut 594 yet, but not yet ready to declare that it is my favorite guitar to-date, the SC 594 Prototype has held that honor since the day it arrived... ;)

That's beautiful

Thank you, Shawn!!

I am very pleased with how it turned out, my favorite Private Stock build to-date.

Please pass along my thanks and gratitude to Paul Miles, Tina and the Private Stock team, on a job well done!!

Yo, Pete! First off, that looks like and specs like something I would do, you know, if I was ever going to do a 594. (Which is still not totally outside the realm of possibility) Although I'm more of a "wild flame Eastern maple" fan than a quilt fan. Anyway it looks killer and I bet it sounds at least as good as it looks. Would love to play & hear it sometime. (Hmm, I'm gonna be in Chicago the weekend of 2/9...)

Second, I have a question: how thick is it, exactly? I ask because as you probably know my "Kingsley's Guitar" is similarly a non-f-hole semi-hollow, and mine is basically the exact same thickness (at the edges anyway) as my 1962 ES-335. Mine was ordered as a McCarty Trem [sic] with a Single-cut thickness body. Curious minds and all... ...fwiw mine weighs in at about 7 1/3 lbs.

Yo, Pete! First off, that looks like and specs like something I would do, you know, if I was ever going to do a 594. (Which is still not totally outside the realm of possibility) Although I'm more of a "wild flame Eastern maple" fan than a quilt fan. Anyway it looks killer and I bet it sounds at least as good as it looks. Would love to play & hear it sometime. (Hmm, I'm gonna be in Chicago the weekend of 2/9...)

Second, I have a question: how thick is it, exactly? I ask because as you probably know my "Kingsley's Guitar" is similarly a non-f-hole semi-hollow, and mine is basically the exact same thickness (at the edges anyway) as my 1962 ES-335. Mine was ordered as a McCarty Trem [sic] with a Single-cut thickness body. Curious minds and all... ...fwiw mine weighs in at about 7 1/3 lbs.

Hey Kingsley! Thanks for the complements.

So your "Kingsley's Guitar" and your videos *did* have an influence on me selecting Semi-Hollow for this one! ;)

Re Thickness, it is standard 594 thickness, which is to say thicker than McCarty thickness, but not as thick as SC thickness.

I really dig the tone so far, clean, crunchy, higher gain, it likes them all! :)

Just my 2 cents......Those pickup rings are perfect!

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the comment. They have really grown on my as well, it really ties the brown tones of the board and the back together. The grain in the Cocobolo on the Board, Headstock Veneer, Pickup Rings and Tuner Knobs is amazing, it gives the guitar a lot of unique character, visually!

Huge congrats, that is jaw dropping awesomeness.
I'm nitpicking here Pete, is the switch tip cocobolo too? cause in pic is looking like a black one.
Oh and those pup rings are striking on this gorgeous warm top.

Last edited:
That's a sharp lookin' guitar.

Thanks, Sergio!

Huge congrats, that is jaw dropping awesomeness.
I'm nitpicking here Pete, is the switch tip cocobolo too? cause in pic is looking like a black one.
Oh and those pup rings are striking on this gorgeous warm top.

Thanks! And yes, even the Switch Tip is Cocobolo!

IMG_0471_zpszffcpdf5.jpg

Switch tip, Pickup Rings, Board, TRC...

IMG_0473_zpshzaslpgp.jpg

Oh wait, let's not forget about the Cocobolo Neck Heel!

IMG_0470_zps7vg4fy4m.jpg

Yup, I went *ALL IN* for the details on this one! (Well, I could have done Cocobolo Volume and Tone Knobs, but that might have been over the top, LOL...) ;)

Thanks, Sergio!

Thanks! And yes, even the Switch Tip is Cocobolo!

IMG_0471_zpszffcpdf5.jpg

Switch tip, Pickup Rings, Board, TRC...

IMG_0473_zpshzaslpgp.jpg

Oh wait, let's not forget about the Cocobolo Neck Heel!

IMG_0470_zps7vg4fy4m.jpg

Yup, I went *ALL IN* for the details on this one! (Well, I could have done Cocobolo Volume and Tone Knobs, but that might have been over the top, LOL...) ;)
We wouldn't expect any less from you sir

Back