N5D - Private Stock McCarty 594 Singlecut

Looks absolutely gorgeous! Congrats. :cool:

You gotta love the PS Nitro finish :eek::)

Oh, forgot to share the email I got from Thomann - from the guy who is responsible for their custom guitars who sold me this. I emailed him to tell him how happy I was.

His reply: "It's great to hear you are happy with your new guitar. It´s an awesome instrument, which I bought from Paul Reed Smith himself!

He loved that one! :)"

Alright, have replaced the ebony buttons with Madagascar rosewood buttons, to match the headstock and fretboard. Ebony was just bothering me, considering nothing on the guitar is black or ebony. ;)

Turned out the button screws needed to be replaced with these buttons, but fortunately I found some that worked....

Looks good, no?

6iRC82D.jpg

Alright, have replaced the ebony buttons with Madagascar rosewood buttons, to match the headstock and fretboard. Ebony was just bothering me, considering nothing on the guitar is black or ebony. ;)

Turned out the button screws needed to be replaced with these buttons, but fortunately I found some that worked....

Looks good, no?

6iRC82D.jpg
Sure does look good.

Looks good, no?

6iRC82D.jpg

Nice! I like it!

I just posted my CITES importing story here: http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/cites-appendix-ii.20842/page-3

The story really doesn't convey the stress and research of this process (easily 10 hours worth of research, plus a 35 minute phone call with a friendly customs guy who turned out to be really wrong about what I would have to do to "import" the guitar.)

Turned out to be easier than I expected, but that was only clear once it was all over. To read why that was so, check out the story!

Looks good, no?

6iRC82D.jpg

A subtle, but classy, touch indeed! Nice work, looks the business.

My McCarty Singlecut came with Madagascar RW fretboard/headstock overlay, and Ebony tuner buttons. I had the idea of going with the faux bone ones because I thought they'd be nice with the mammoth ivory inlays, but life intervened and I got distracted.

Thanks for all your comments everyone, the enjoyment of playing it is catching up with looking at it! :cool:

Wow, the more similar PS models I see like mine, the more I realize I stole this guitar. Makes it all the sweeter!

Looks good, no?

6iRC82D.jpg
so good to see the attention to detail, with those fine mitre joints on the headstock binding.

That’s proper fine luthiery!

Back