N(used)GD

And I really like the pickups which I believe puts me in the minority on that subject.
Then put me there too. There is a faction that prefer them over Seymour Duncans for their liveliness.

Now that I have mine, I’m glad others continue to discover this great guitar (prices on them are still very reasonable, *if* you can find someone willing to part with theirs)

PRS: I’m still waiting for an S2 version. Keep it mahogany without the standard faceplate.

Then put me there too. There is a faction that prefer them over Seymour Duncans for their liveliness.

Now that I have mine, I’m glad others continue to discover this great guitar (prices on them are still very reasonable, *if* you can find someone willing to part with theirs)

PRS: I’m still waiting for an S2 version. Keep it mahogany without the standard faceplate.

I believe the stock P-90s are "Duncan Designed" which means a company other than Seymour Duncan manufactured them to SD's specifications. So while not manufactured by SD I would say that they are SD pickups. Much like the SE's are PRS guitars even though they aren't made by the PRS factory. I also like the SD P-90s in my Korina McCarty. That guitar with The Dude overdrive running into clean amp is classic/hard rock heaven to my ears.

I'm hoping for an S2 594 with P-90's. If that were available in a gold top single cut, I'd probably have my first non-double cut PRS. And I'd have no problem with them using the same pups as the Soapbar II.

I believe the stock P-90s are "Duncan Designed" which means a company other than Seymour Duncan manufactured them to SD's specifications. So while not manufactured by SD I would say that they are SD pickups. Much like the SE's are PRS guitars even though they aren't made by the PRS factory. I also like the SD P-90s in my Korina McCarty. That guitar with The Dude overdrive running into clean amp is classic/hard rock heaven to my ears.

I'm hoping for an S2 594 with P-90's. If that were available in a gold top single cut, I'd probably have my first non-double cut PRS. And I'd have no problem with them using the same pups as the Soapbar II.
The pickups in both the Soapbar & Soapbar II are both made by G & B — the same folks that make the pickups that go into current SE & S2 models.
The Core models used P90s made by Seymour Duncan.
I was referring to G&B vs SDs.

As for an S2 594 with Soapbars? No thank you. I prefer the feel of a 25” scale — just like the OP’s find.

Back