N(U)GD strikes again

cshallcross

Had a trade deal lined up over the weekend that yielded a beautiful outcome. I recently started looking at the P22's as something that would really work for me. I had never seen one local, but all of the videos I watched really left me thinking it would be a fun setup. A day later, I got offered a trade deal for a P24 trem, and I just couldn't pass. I haven't had a chance to pull the pickups yet, but I noticed the hang tag lists the pickups as p24 treble and p24 bass). I thought for a while those were the 53/10's but now I'm not too sure. Sounds lovely whatever they are.

Here she is: 2014 P24

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Beautiful!
What did you have to give up to get that bad boy?

Sweet! "P24" pickups are 57/08s. I havethem in my P24.

What color is that? Aquamarine? Faded Whale Blue?

Blues are so hard to photograph - the color appearance varies even in the shots you posted! Which photo most closely matches what you perceive as reality?

Sweet! "P24" pickups are 57/08s. I havethem in my P24.

What color is that? Aquamarine? Faded Whale Blue?

Blues are so hard to photograph - the color appearance varies even in the shots you posted! Which photo most closely matches what you perceive as reality?

Interesting. I can honestly say they are the best sounding pickups I've run through my Mesa 5:50 212 as I've not been able to really get a bad sound out of them. The color is aquableaux, so it has been tricky to photography properly over the weekend. I love blue and green guitars, so this one definitely makes me happy.

In the house which is poorly lit, it's pretty close to #2 & #4. I knocked the camera over into one of my presets for #3 so I think you're seeing the Fuji film simulation causing that change there.

Atta boy!!! I don't care which pic it's closest to, that thing ROCKS!!! Beautiful!!!

I know my Faded Whale Blue Wood Library 509 has a different look in every lighting situation... like a blue chameleon!!!

Beautiful!
What did you have to give up to get that bad boy?

I parted with 2 but for what I had in them it was well beyond being worth it. The p24 covers all the tones the other two got me, but better. Once I grab an acoustic combo amp, this will really be covering everything I play.

Rather than an acoustic combo, I have found that a powered PA speaker works great! Add some reverb and you're there.
My only concern is that I only play at home and I’m trying to keep the gear footprint in my office in mind. I definitely don’t know much about going the PA route vs a small combo.

That's why the PA monitor is a great choice. At home you can use a tiny JBL 5" or 6", or M Audio or whatever. Or go a bit bigger to a 10" floor monitor. But you can get these at a small fraction of the price of an acoustic combo, and can get any form factor you like.

That's why the PA monitor is a great choice. At home you can use a tiny JBL 5" or 6", or M Audio or whatever. Or go a bit bigger to a 10" floor monitor. But you can get these at a small fraction of the price of an acoustic combo, and can get any form factor you like.
I’ll start some research. In my head I just think of PA’s being the huge systems I used years ago.

Back