N(U)GD - PRS Santana

matonanjin

Finally!!! So you all won't hear, at least for a while, my shopping travails! Long story hopefully mercifully short: Most of you saw my shock and disappointment of discovering the Santana neck profile. Santana has always been my idol and someday I would play a Santana. When I finally tried one at Chicago Music Exchange last year I was devastated. Playing the signature model of my idol was probably off the table. A few weeks ago I was going to try a Special SH at a local store and this was on the wall. I thought why not at least try it? I'm here. I don't know why; the neck felt comfortable.

I never even tried the SSH.

I'm the first to admit it's not the prettiest PRS, or the greatest top, I've seen or tried. And I'm not thrilled with the finish. But it was really attractively priced and, as I said, felt great. And played and sounded awesome. And I am in love.

Thanks to @bodia @sergiodeblanc @Mozzi and so many of you that helped with advice during the shopping.

2014 Santana 10 Top Charcoal Burst

fygzUp4.jpg

wTzUma4.jpg

Or5KfeH.jpg

Looks great to me, and if you’re loving it, that’s all that matters anyway! Congratulations!

I'm the first to admit it's not the prettiest PRS, or the greatest top, I've seen or tried. And I'm not thrilled with the finish. But it was really attractively priced and, as I said, felt great. And played and sounded awesome. And I am in love.

Huh? is this sarcasm or fishing for compliments? or just misalignment to personal color preferences?

I think it has a pretty top - highly figured!! I bet it has a lot of depth and movement in that flame...

Sweet and glad you found a guitar you love...

Back