N(u)GD coming up --

Can't wait for my "Forum" TRC to replace that -- Uh... Nothing personal, I hate that stock TRC. What, "Courier New?"

Well, now that I've had a couple weeks to take it in -- This thing is an absolute monster. Finally got around to making the "fine" adjustments on the truss -- The final adjustment was literally a "nudge" (maybe 1/50th of a turn) and it made the difference between "action holding me back" and "action that's faster than I can play" (for lack of better terminology). It was the "nudge" that makes the 10's feel like 9's. I honestly couldn't even see a difference...

If it makes a difference, what I do with most of my guitars is get the neck "razor flat" and then "nudge" it to find this seemingly magical point where the strings get a little extra slinky feeling - Put a visible bow in and it's gone. Too flat and it bottoms out. Much less bow than most would like. I know a few techs that think I'm nuts -- and a few that know exactly what I'm going for -- The thing is that it takes a helluvan instrument to even make it work right (most necks aren't able to play this flat without bottoming out) and it worked right on this particular helluvan instrument.

Pretty stoked to have it.

Much less bow than most would like. I know a few techs that think I'm nuts

Gorgeous guitar and a great deal!
I completely get the set up thing. I am very fussy about relief and few guitars besides PRS have setup as consistently to my ridiculous preferences.

Geez, what a difference a day makes... Plugged in today and I really felt let down for some reason. The neck felt weird, the tone seemed strange and thin, the fretboard was "lethargic" (for lack of a better term), it just felt all wrong.

So, I decided that maybe I should just sell it.

I turned on the lights to take some photos and realized it was my buddy's Strat.

#NotEnonughCoffeeBadHumor

Geez, what a difference a day makes... Plugged in today and I really felt let down for some reason. The neck felt weird, the tone seemed strange and thin, the fretboard was "lethargic" (for lack of a better term), it just felt all wrong.

I turned on the lights to take some photos and realized it was my buddy's Strat.

Had me going for a moment!!!

HA HA HA Funny Sh%t
Great looking guitar got to play a CU24 last night :congrats:
Congrats !!!

Happy Birthday! MFG date of 10/31/2011 -- Nice...

1396005_10151687283972120_1835155735_n.jpg

Back