N(to me)GD 2008 Mira

Sofaking Bangin'! Is that burnt orange or whatever they called it? I played one that looked exactly like that(stock) that I should've bought. It was close enough to my McStandard at the time that I couldn't justify the extra expenditure but it was a sick guitar.

I had an '08 Mira that was EXACTLY that color. Mine had the black pickguard and Mira pickups. It was a fantastic instrument! In fact, the buyer was in Chicago.

I think the color was called vintage orange, but I'm not sure. It was too many guitars ago, and in truth, was one of the multitude I should've kept, because I have nothing like it.

But I had the hots for a CU22 SH Ltd. that I also should've kept. And...yeah. There's a list. It goes on and on.

I just like the naked wood too much to cover it up. I know you could make it quite cool by covering it up, but now that I've seen it, it would make me a bit sad. Have at other changes though, and if you really need to paint something I can probably provide a platform.

Alright, alright, I'll keep it the way it is if I can, at least until Santanafest. I am chomping at the bit to refinish something... but not with paint. Maybe I can buy something blue off of you?

SERGIO!!!! Great score. C'mon...you really gonna leave it stock??:p

I guess so. Upon further reflection today, it's pretty badass sounding as is so, not sure I wanna mess with a good thing.

Sergio, You`ll probably never hear this from me again. Don`t change anything.

As long as it's the last time!

Sofaking Bangin'! Is that burnt orange or whatever they called it? I played one that looked exactly like that(stock) that I should've bought. It was close enough to my McStandard at the time that I couldn't justify the extra expenditure but it was a sick guitar.

Yeah, it's some orange color, I gotta look at the hang tag. It might be time for you to look out for one, Vaughn, it was a bargain.

Man, I want to run that thru my rig!

Come and get it! Or bring your rig?

Alright, alright, I'll keep it the way it is if I can, at least until Santanafest. I am chomping at the bit to refinish something... but not with paint. Maybe I can buy something blue off of you?
Santanafest! I'm ready for it, so are the Santanas.

I do have a blue guitar that is fourth on my list of things to find new homes for. You might have more fun painting a sparkly silver guitar though.

Santanafest! I'm ready for it, so are the Santanas.

I do have a blue guitar that is fourth on my list of things to find new homes for. You might have more fun painting a sparkly silver guitar though.

Nice!

I mean.. a sparkly silver guitar already sounds perfect. Are you forgetting who you're talkin' to? :D Let's talk about the blue one.

Nice!

I mean.. a sparkly silver guitar already sounds perfect. Are you forgetting who you're talkin' to? :D Let's talk about the blue one.
We will.
The short version of the sparkly silver story is I bought it ages ago as a scratch and dent - brand new but fell off a hanger in the store. I was going to give it to a grade 5 girl, but started to feel guilty about sticking her with a dinged guitar

Outstanding.... love it!
It looks clean & mean, just as is. If it were mine, the only paint I would put on it would be a tasty bit of pinstriping.... if even that.

But, it's your gittar. At least it's got a good home now.

A nice little "GFY" sticker under the bridge might work too....

Last edited:
We will.
The short version of the sparkly silver story is I bought it ages ago as a scratch and dent - brand new but fell off a hanger in the store. I was going to give it to a grade 5 girl, but started to feel guilty about sticking her with a dinged guitar

Isn't it a Tele though? I have this thing about not PRS guitars.

Outstanding.... love it!
It looks clean & mean, just as is. If it were mine, the only paint I would put on it would be a tasty bit of pinstriping.... if even that.

Thanks, it's got a few dings and chips here and there which is why I thought I'd mess with it. But then I got it and was like, ehh...?

A core Mira (or at least a 24-fret Mira, hint hint, S2 line product managers) is on my want list. That looks so nice with the wood accoutrements!

Really like the color with the wood pickguard. Keep meaning to try the Mira but I keep getting distracted by these 594s...:rolleyes:

Back