N.O.S. G.D JA-15

New Old Stock Guitar Day! I have been looking at this at my dealer from afar for awhile now. Not four years though. While the Black is certainly elegant, it was not enough for me. The 53-10's were! What amazing pickups they are. Possibly the best pups PRS ever made! So it is mine now. It is 2011 that just never sold. The jazzbox has a little pick scratch wear, but that is to be expected for a guitar that hung on the wall for four years. The sound is great and I have not experienced any feedback issues yet and feeling pretty well that I may not have any. Ran it through some paces on my Boogie King Snake with some gain going on and it handled some Santana and George Benson "Breezin" pretty darn sweet. This may become my new #1. Anyway, I will take a couple of months before thinking about sending it to the PTC for a possible color change. Was also considering having them remove the bridge pickup and replacing the opening with a compatible piece of Spruce, but not now. This guitar performs well with both pups. Besides I need a jazzbox with two pups, which was the reason I was looking at it in the first place. The JA 15's are sweet. Gotta go play! Just wanted to share my new joy!

sjqmlcbhymrpz3hpe7i0.jpg
b678frpwio2olfubg4cy.jpg
e2kajw56ua0zd3touiuq.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome...classy as all get out! Glad you finally "rescued" her. 53/10s are still on my list...only got to play a MEQ for a very short time a few years back and was impressed.

Btw love that you have the King Snake; didn't have the coin when they came out but seriously gassed for one. I don't think I will ever have the need for that much amp...even with the lower power option. Still lust after one though.

Congrats!

Thank you all. The Black finish is really growing on me. The King Snake, the 53-10's and this guitar are made for each other. I might actually learn "Breezing" all the way through. Anyway the sustain and controlled feedback combination of these three are beautiful. They just play off of each other. I don't even know that I will ever use a pedal, except for maybe some mild compression, but the King Snake even does a good job of that, so we will see. It is all so sweet and creamy like a houseful of ice cream!!! How in the heck this thing sat around for four years is just downright stupid crazy! Some folks like to call PRS fans snobs. I don't know about all that. I do know that I have played some Super 400's and L5's over the years, but none of them had this magic going on. For Gibby folks not to appreciate what PRS has to offer, I think the snob was the pot calling the kettle black, pun intended!

That is a superb looking guitar - I love it!

Pick marks can easily be polished out, I dig the black finish a lot.

Back