N Guitars days

Rider1260

Well I did it again :wacko:
At a fellow forum members house there was this guitar, it was special, it should not have been its not my normal guitar but from the day I first played it I though how cool it would be to make it mine.
So when this guitar went back up on the market I had to make a play, I packed up a bunch of toys hoping to make a deal.
but the deal was NOTHING like I thought it would be.

So deal # 1 was a no go he was looking to consolidate not add so more had to leave then come in and he made me an offer and it was dear to me :eek: he would do the deal for my Modern Eagle

What I got in return was

A 1958/2008 CU 24 ( above mentioned special guitar )
and
A NF3 with no electronics and a pair of square bobbin 59/09s ( the project guitar )

This was a tough one my MEII IS a special guitar, the single best sounding guitar in my family :wub: bet I sounded even better on this CU24 and the project really had my interest so
Here she is

and here is the results of my latest buying and trading and the project ( soon to be 59 Special )

cv7ns_zpsdbw2rykq.jpg

Nice to see our Forum brothers taking care of each other!:)

Good trade! Is the pic of the NF3 older? Two loaded pickguards seem quite the opposite to having no electronics. 59/09s sound fantastic in them btw. Spectacular guitars both the ME and the 58. I'm sure you both are very satisfied.

Yes the pic is old the original seller parted out the guitar my friend bought the neck and body and empty strat like pick guard.

What brand/model amp stand is that white Mesa boogie on?

I am sure the trade was a "win...win" for the both of you. Enjoy your new axes.
FYI - as an owner of an NF3 - I would definitely put the original narrowfield pick ups back in - It is what makes the guitar unique (IMHO)

If I had access to the original NF pickups I would sure like to try them but I have something very fun planned

Those NF pups are hard to come by. I only have the neck and middle. Neck is amazing, and jury still out on middle. I might try a 408 kind of set up at some point. Interested to see what you end up doing. You will have to put down that other beauty for a second first hahaha.

What brand/model amp stand is that white Mesa boogie on?

It is OLD from a company called STONE and it was made in Taiwan, Ive had it at least 20 years all steel and adjustable for width for bigger amps
don't remember where I got it from ;( they don't seem to make them that low anymore.

Back