N?D

aristotle

I'm still loving my 30th CU24, and it gets 100% of my gigging / band practice time (I give all of them some love at home...) But I want something along the lines of a CU24, but different... Something that'll be a second alternative. By desire and necessity, we're going much more modern with the stuff we're playing out. Crowds are changing, as are the venues that are available, so much less ZZTop and AC/DC. And, we lost our lead singer / rhythm guitarist and now have a 25 year old singer / shredder. So, more along the lines of Opeth and "modern" country (oddly, they do seem to go together around these parts...) with older prog-rock thrown in.

Anyway, I was looking for something to complement my CU24 with 85/15s. Still want decent split coil and humbucker tones. I don't necessarily need it high output (I can boost with the best of them when needed...) but want sparkly chime when clean and violin like lead tones. Oh...and I want a stoptail. Definitely didn't want to drop the coin on a PS. Want something out of the box from the core line.

Bets on what I ended up with???

P.S. Nothing like changing the material that you play to up your game (not that mine is all that up...)

It seems like the only core models with stoptail these days is the CU22 and Singlecut. And the Hollowbodies, of course.

A Mira would be a pretty awesome buddy for the CU24, though.

A used Modern Eagle?

Mark Holcomb?

Actually, my true guess would be P245.

This one?

Miller.jpg

You got a McCarty Singlecut because you said to yourself, "That old dude Les seems to have good tone and likes his McCarty Singlecut, I shall get one!"

You got a McCarty Singlecut because you said to yourself, "That old dude Les seems to have good tone and likes his McCarty Singlecut, I shall get one!"

I considered the McCarty Singlecut for my guess but he said it's from the core line.

My guess is a P245. I think aristotle already has a DG(no)T.

Yep... already have a DG with no T, and it's a PS, so that's not it....

You know, between you and Pete, I almost said exactly that, but nop... I already have an SC Ted, and as awesome as the hammer of god might be, I resisted... Wasn't different enough...

I considered the McCarty Singlecut for my guess but he said it's from the core line.
Already have a McCarty Singlecut (SC Ted) so that isn't it... I'll reveal tomorrow (when I get a chance to take a decent picture of it...)

I'm in to the music you described and I just got a Paul's Guitar (suped-up 408) with stoptail. It's pretty much exactly what you described. Pups are not very high output and has violin smoothness that Mikael Akerfeldt would love.

I'm in to the music you described and I just got a Paul's Guitar (suped-up 408) with stoptail. It's pretty much exactly what you described. Pups are not very high output and has violin smoothness that Mikael Akerfeldt would love.

oooh, good one! I like your guess/analysis!

Last edited:

That's my revised guess also.

Nope...already have a couple of 408 equipped guitars....

And the answer is.........

P22 with 53/10s. I don't have anything with 53/10s, and when I tried these things out they really impressed me. Found this thing NOS, got a deal, and off to the races. I also really like the way that the piezo blends with the 53/10s in comparison with 57/08 versions. So, without further delay....

p22a_zpst1p1qjth.jpg

p22d_zpsb8mgivmg.jpg

p22b_zpsxpt32squ.jpg

dsenoj was closest. Thanks for playing along!!

Back