N A D - Sweet 16 (REV.B)

Hopeful Sinner

Angry Southern Gentleman
Thanks so much to Derek @ Morgan Guitars for making this "sweet" deal happen...

s16_1.jpg

s16_2.jpg

LOVING it so far.. She just sings with my DGT Standard!!!

From what i understand Doug reworked the amp to give it more headroom and dubbed it REV.B
Superb clean tones and can be pushed for a nice hot blues to rock sound.
The amp is very responsive to the character of the guitar you plug in as well as the player's hands. When my son plays, the amp sounds edgier and more frenetic. Same guitar, same settings and my playing comes off much smoother.. I have a feeling its gonna take pedals extremely well but so far I am just enjoying it for what it is...

I ordered a Sweet 16 head when they first came out but I wasn't able to bond with it so quickly sold it, I would love to hear the Rev. B mod and see if he amp is more to my liking.

I ordered a Sweet 16 head when they first came out but I wasn't able to bond with it so quickly sold it, I would love to hear the Rev. B mod and see if he amp is more to my liking.

What were your main issues with the original head?
I bought mine for the specific purpose being a clean and light to medium gain blues amp.. So far it is fitting the bill perfectly.

There is a video of Mike Clark playing a REV.B mod Sweet 16 out there somewhere. I'll dig it up and post a link. That video is what made me seek out a REV.B to try.

Also, in all fairness the first original Sweet 16 i played through was a combo. I think my Deep Back 2X12 makes a difference in the roundness and resonance of the sound I'm getting..

Back