Myles Kennedy done with PRS?

sosallycanwait

Am I the only one noticing that Myles hasn’t used a PRS in a while? I’m seeing a lot of Tele’s and others in all his recent shows going back months. He used to be exclusively PRS except for acoustics

Heck, I play a couple of Teles on a regular basis and that hasn’t softened by appreciation of PRS. :D It’s doubtful he’ll throw out his PRSi.
That's true. I love the sound of a good tele, but I don't get on with them so that's just a hole in my arsenal right now. If PRS were to make a T-style guitar in the vein of the Silver Sky, I would be allllll over it.

Saw him on tour with AB in September, and he played PRS for the entire show, except maybe the tele for 'Dying Light' - I can't remember if he actually did that, or my memory is interpolating that from the live recordings of him playing Dying Light. But he was almost exclusively PRS all night.

On this same topic, I've now decided that I need to build myself a Tele like this.
PsHAFHU.jpg

Edit: Ugh. Image fail. It works if you right-click and open in new tab, but I'll research and remediate myself on my image posting.
sKNSV45demaErDUR8

Last edited:
We saw him several times with Slash and then Sunday night in Indianapolis with Alter Bridge. He played a Gibson SG with Slash, mainly during Slash's solo. He had a PRS at the beginning of the Alter Bridge show, but it was mainly his black tele.

Though between Clint Lowery's band that opened and Tremonti, there was plenty of PRS eye candy!

tele's are trendy now. guitars can be fashion. hipsters like the flavor of the day and unfortunately, some look at prs in an unfavorable way...

Myles used live recently a Telecaster that belonged to Jeff Buckley. Jeff is one of his favorite musicians. Being that Myles is a complete guitar geek, I guess that he likes a lot of different things and just wanted to mix things up a bit after having that special moment with that specific Tele.

He has played lots of great PRS's over the years, but I guess that someone might be a bit bored if they don't have that kind of freedom, even if they love the company.

There’s nothing wrong with playing several different kinds of guitars. I’m a dyed-in-the-wool PRS guy and don’t play other brands, but I still feel this way.

As others have noted, people get interested in various things along the way of the course of their lives. No reason not to do that.

Back