My Westy had its makeover!!

I did express my intentions regarding the Westy makeover, but....... I never knew you were so attached to the case... I feel a bit guilty now :oops:

LOL
It was never my guitar anyway, it was an orphan I took in until it could be united with its true owner.

There’s a finite amount of West Streets out there, so you’re only allowed to have one. I knew you were the champion destined to wield it when you told me your plans.

It was never my guitar anyway, it was an orphan I took in until it could be united with its true owner.

There’s a finite amount of West Streets out there, so you’re only allowed to have one. I knew you were the champion destined to wield it when you told me your plans.

Well I thank you for letting me adopt it. I really like the neck on this one, my first Westy which (I kind of don’t want to talk about) seemed to have a fatter neck. OK I’ll talk a little bit about it. I tend to try and cycle through a fair amount of guitars but I do have my “permanent“ favorites. I had an incredible West Street limited beautiful figured mahogany top, the little dragon, just a gem. You can see it on my YouTube channel avatar. Anyway I let it go when private stock MEV’s came out, I had bad MEV fever. One of my big regrets. Anyway, I’m getting back to my tried-and-true favorite models, and a Santana Retro will be next, another model I let go during my MEV fever… SMH. I do love my MEV and realize I only needed one.

The big question is…….. Why can’t PRS make these un-waxed RP pups for sale? They really are that awesome.

looks hella sweet! as a connoisseur of your discards, it's too bad it's not a stoptail.
Yes you are lol. Another model I regretted letting go, starting to see a pattern here. LOL

Yeah, I agree. I wish they had a stoptail version of this model, what a combo that would be with these RP pickups!

Price for mine was a lot more but different work involved with the set neck model, etc. Best is to email him and get the current pricing.
I figured it would be. He did a great job on your refinish. I was thinking at one time about going with the same type of finish you did, but in the end I opted for my favorite color the kandy blue.

I gotta admit, what you call 'plain Jane', I call 'absolutely gorgeous'. I'm not big on natural finishes, but that thing was beautiful.

That said, I'd be lying if I said I didn't like how it turned out. That is a beautiful finish and looks really sleek. Congrats on being a capital O Owner!

I gotta admit, what you call 'plain Jane', I call 'absolutely gorgeous'. I'm not big on natural finishes, but that thing was beautiful.

That said, I'd be lying if I said I didn't like how it turned out. That is a beautiful finish and looks really sleek. Congrats on being a capital O Owner!
Yeah I think you’re right, plain Jane was a little harsh, it was nice all mahogany guitar. With no figured top it made it easier for me to try something different. ;)

Back