My Westy had its makeover!!

Killer look! Congrats!! I think the only thing I might have done different is to have the finish be translucent in the shape of the dragon at bass of body so the wood showed through in just that spot. Kind of an inlay look via lack of finish. I am sure it is going to look even more amazing in person!!! Thanks for sharing!

Congratualtions. It's Beautiful.
Whoever finished that did a great job of it !

I've been looking for a Westie for 4 or so years; been watching them get more expensive and less available. Thinking it might never happen.

I really liked to plain Hog also - "look - it's a beautiful hunk of wood".

Killer look! Congrats!! I think the only thing I might have done different is to have the finish be translucent in the shape of the dragon at bass of body so the wood showed through in just that spot. Kind of an inlay look via lack of finish. I am sure it is going to look even more amazing in person!!! Thanks for sharing!
That's an interesting concept! I'm sure Pat would have hated the idea because he explained to me how difficult it was to tape the Eagle on the headstock for painting it Gold-Magenta LOL. Nah... He's a really good guy so I'm sure he would have done it if I wanted. Check his website out, lots of custom work going on. https://simscustomshop.com/

Congratualtions. It's Beautiful.
Whoever finished that did a great job of it !

I've been looking for a Westie for 4 or so years; been watching them get more expensive and less available. Thinking it might never happen.

I really liked to plain Hog also - "look - it's a beautiful hunk of wood".
You really ought to land one, Pickups are incredible! Ask Sergio and Bodie, they will confirm.

Perfect. I’ve seen his website and have been curious to use him. What was the turn around time if you don’t mind me asking? Did he have to strip the previous finish and then repaint over it?
His turn around time was long. Quoted 4-5 months which turned into 13. I didn't constantly badger him about the extended time but when I emailed him (once in June and once in October) asking about my guitar he got right back to me and we even talked on the phone both times. I have plenty of guitars to play at home so I wasn't too concerned. He admitted to me that he overbooked himself and his turn around times were being delayed, now he's more careful about doing that. That's something you would have to work out with him. As far as stripping the entire finish off the guitar, for translucent finishes he has to but for this he told me he didn't have to get down to the bare wood but sand old finish quite a bit to get dings and chips out. I assumed you would have to completely srtip to bare wood for any refinish but I guess not since this is a solid color even though it's shifting color with a black base coat. Make sure you workout all those logistics ahead of time.

Perfect. I’ve seen his website and have been curious to use him. What was the turn around time if you don’t mind me asking? Did he have to strip the previous finish and then repaint over it?
I had Pat refinish one of my guitars several years ago. Like was mentioned below, it took about 3/4s of a year to get mine back. He does an incredible painting job but he’s terrible on judging time. Add about 4-5 months on whatever estimated time he gives you. As for the part about whether or not he takes the old finish back down to the wood, it all depends on what type of existing finish the guitar has on it and what type of finish he will be using to repaint. I had him refinish my Kramer with House of Kolors Candy Cobalt Blue, here’s the link to the finished piece.

I had Pat refinish one of my guitars several years ago. Like was mentioned below, it took about 3/4s of a year to get mine back. He does an incredible painting job but he’s terrible on judging time. Add about 4-5 months on whatever estimated time he gives you. As for the part about whether or not he takes the old finish back down to the wood, it all depends on what type of existing finish the guitar has on it and what type of finish he will be using to repaint. I had him refinish my Kramer with House of Kolors Candy Cobalt Blue, here’s the link to the finished piece.

SWEET !!!!

Wow, that looks great! How much does he charge for something like that? I have one I may want to do. PM me if it’s not supposed to be shared in public.

Back