My thoughts on my new Line 6 G70

sleary

Hey guys

I've never really put a product test up... I bought a line 6 G70 last weekend because my daughter needed a new wireless system. She now has my g50 ...

I am very impressed with the the build quality on these units. I bought the pedal board version .

With the ability to run in to two amps, a mixing board and a built in tuner , this is where it really has uses. Switching between two amps is a big bonus in my eyes.

- LED lighting is a great idea too because you can see the unit on your board .
- battery compartment is secure and easily accessible
- belt clip is redesigned and a larger foot print. Much more secure on my strap
- all medal construction...
- no antennas
-cord length simulation
- use any cord on the receiver
- batteries last longer when compared to the g50 or G30 . 20% more .
- use any type of battery .
- 270 ' range ...haha ya I'll be playing a those big stages lol

I did do a comparison on the cord simulation and ran a 15' cord to see if any difference.. None to report .
Price point is subjective. Little pricey however I can see why. Build and sound quality are all top notch .

I really don't have anything bad to say about the product. Maybe just the price but that's just a small peeve.

I used .....Orange TH30 amp
Prs CU24 with bareknuckle warpigs pickups
Boss GT 100 board
Prs and planet waves cords .

Sounds like a great product, especially if it doesn't affect the sound any more than a cable. I like the ability to switch between a couple of amps, too.

I'm going to check it out. Thanks!

I forgot to mention too that you can run multiple receivers

I just picked up one of these a couple of weeks ago and have had the chance to use it at a couple of gigs since then. I agree with the above review. It really is a pretty good device. Construction seems solid and the built-in tuner is nice. It has a ton of flexibility for switching between different amps/guitars that I will probably never need. But it's nice to know it's available just in case.

During sound check at one gig, I did get some drop outs, but I changed the channel and it worked fine thereafter. So no big deal. And yes, it is a little pricey. But I figure if we have enough money for a nice PRS, then we should have enough for the rest of our rigs too.

One feature that I really like is that the receiver unit also has a regular input jack. On the off chance of mechanical failure, dead batteries, etc., you can still plug your guitar in and play. Plus, it's nice to just be able to plug straight in when practicing at home without having to goof around with the wireless transmitter. Actually, I don't understand why all wireless units don't also have an input jack. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

So far so good. I like it.

Nice feature set, might look into one sometime. I'm still using on of the old rack X2 wireless before line 6 bought them.

I had a g70 for about a week I think it was possessed had drop outs battery life was non existent even with new batteries it was sucking power somewhere.So I returned it for a Sony Dwz so far no problems.I really didn't need all the features since I have an amp switcher and tuners out the ying yang.i just think I got a bad one.

I have a G30 unit... works well for my level of use. Have played a good number of shows with it. The signal is great, no tone loss I can detect. Only problem is that casing is very cheap on the transmitter unit, mine cracked and I have no idea how it happened, I don't remember ever hitting it on anything. But it's mostly cosmetic. A battery burst in the unit too, PITA but I got it cleaned up. Still works like a charm. Wish I had gotten a nicer one like the G70, but I don't think they were out when I got mine.

I had a g70 for about a week I think it was possessed had drop outs battery life was non existent even with new batteries it was sucking power somewhere.So I returned it for a Sony Dwz so far no problems.I really didn't need all the features since I have an amp switcher and tuners out the ying yang.i just think I got a bad one.

FYI, there was some kind of software problem with the G70. Line 6 issued a software update to correct the problem.

I've got a G90, works great. My only issue so far is when we played next to a big Navy ship and had all sorts of noise issues, the other guitarist has a G50 and his just dropped out.

We figure the comms package or radar on the ship was messing with the units somehow.

Back