My stunning Paul's Guitar

Winning! That is outstanding (as in stands out, but so do the white pup rings, so change those to black and you are all set IMO)!! Congrats on a great score and cheers to many more!!!
Interesting... I quite like the pup rings but now you've got me wondering :rolleyes:

Interesting... I quite like the pup rings but now you've got me wondering :rolleyes:
I think there are very few guitars that look good with white or cream pup rings. Reason being, I hate the way the draw the focus to themselves. As far as I am concerned, they should be as transparent or blended in with their surroundings as possible, and white/cream just does not do that in most cases. Now some brown or natural guitars can swing it, and I have seen other exceptions, but 90+ % of the time I find them too distracting. YMMV and most probably does, but that is my logic! Beautiful guitar regardless!! Congrats again!!!

I think there are very few guitars that look good with white or cream pup rings. Reason being, I hate the way the draw the focus to themselves. As far as I am concerned, they should be as transparent or blended in with their surroundings as possible, and white/cream just does not do that in most cases. Now some brown or natural guitars can swing it, and I have seen other exceptions, but 90+ % of the time I find them too distracting. YMMV and most probably does, but that is my logic! Beautiful guitar regardless!! Congrats again!!!
I had black pup rings on my SE245 and had them changed them to cream when I the pickups were upgraded. I think they look a little classier but I'm tempted to try black ones on the Paul's guitar now. They're not expensive so worse case I don't leave them on...

I had black pup rings on my SE245 and had them changed them to cream when I the pickups were upgraded. I think they look a little classier but I'm tempted to try black ones on the Paul's guitar now. They're not expensive so worse case I don't leave them on...
Or, do you get some ivoroid tuner buttons to tie it all together? I like the pop in color the cream gives. It is lol preference though.

If I had that beautiful guitar, I'd get a pair of rosewood pup rings made for it. Pure class, just like that axe ! Play it in good health sir !

Gorgeous! That's a real stunner!

I'm going to add those two mini switches to one of my SE Singlecuts.

It has EVH pickups in it and I'm going to experiment with resistor values to achieve those partial coil splits I love about the DGT.

Back