My SE Mira sounds awful...not having any luck with this one ughh

Russ73

I recently posted about how stiff this guitar was and I put 8.5s on there, plays better but for an already mediocre sounding guitar now it sounds terrible, before I change the bridge pup I wonder if anyone here has any pearls, just wanna add Im a PRS guy and have 5 others but all S2s or Cores, not diggin this guitar at all at the moment......

Where is the pickup height? If it sounds shrill try lowering the pickups.

Last edited:
I think thats the answer, I know its not popular not to praise a guitar to the 10th degree here but yeah there are more out there to be had that need a good home!

I think thats the answer, I know its not popular not to praise a guitar to the 10th degree here but yeah there are more out there to be had that need a good home!
I don't think you have to baby the fanbase. We can take it.

I once had a McCarty that just sounded blah. Could not get it to wake up. It was even putting me to sleep. I had one before it that was so resonant if you plucked one string two or three others would sympathy ring right along with it. There are any number of guitars in between those two extremes. The one I have now is just perfect for me.

I was just saying before you give up, try to play with the pickup height and see if that does it for you. That is what I did with that lame McCarty I had. It didn't help, but especially if you bought it used, sometimes all they need is a good set up.

AP thx for your input, I lowered the pups and it def helped, Im keeping the guitar as my nyc gigging guitar as now it sounds a little cleaner but the nasty growl it has kinda reminds me of a lpjr and im sort of digging it??? it has a purpose for sure and its cheaper to put a JB in there if I need to than sell for a loss and but another guitar at this point so thats my plan for now...it also weighs 6lbs and its hard to find a good gigging guitar at that weight that you cab beat up and not feel bad about it....

Back