"My PRS" - we need your help!

Massimiliano C. (Italy)

I had this beautiful Fender Relic Strat, a Masterbuilt made by Todd Krause, since January 2011.
I loved that guitar, but after 4 years of love I started looking for something completely different.
Having owned different guitars through years but no PRS, last year I started considering the idea and had a look to a very nice ME Quatro.
The trade did not come to an end, so my quest had to go on.

Some weeks ago, I contacted another italian guy who was selling a wonderful 1987 Custom 24 in Vintage Yellow, 100% original.
We had a long emails exchange but we didn't find an agreement and then I was about to give up another time.
Since, after 2 weeks, that guy shot me an email, asking if I were still interested in his CU24.
He said that he would like to trade in his guitar for my Strat.

Oh well....I asked some time to think about the proposal....I collected some information, thanks also to this forum....and I answered "Ok...let's meet...let's have a try to the guitars....and then we'll decide".
And so we've done.

I came back home with the wonderful CU24 you can see in the pictures here below.
It's a 1987 one, Vintage Yellow, 100% original.
Brazilian rosewood, sweet switch, T&B humbuckers, 5-way rotary switch, that magic bridge, awesome moon inlays.

Absolutely the best guitar I ever owned, since more than 30 years.
No doubt.

As I said, I had a couple of serious guitars.
But they were reissues of something else.
This is not the case of this CU24: this is an original, not a reissue.
Exactly THIS guitar, made THAT year, made by THAT man.

That's it.
It's a real deal.
It's a player, it's a guitar to die for, it's here to stay.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
damn, I wanna add my story but I'm not technically an owner yet. :( but will be whenever mine gets here!

Matthew P

In 2001, after quite a while of saving up, my mother brought me to a Sam Ash Music store to buy a classic guitar I had wanted for a very long time. I came in and played it for a while through a half stack and, despite the fact that I had never even played one before, I kept eyeing the PRS guitars hanging up behind the counter. My mother noticed and said, you keep staring at them, why don’t you try one out? So the sales person took down a standard for me to plug in. The comfort ability of the neck was absolute heaven as I played a few chords and various licks and riffs by PRS artists who I had admired. That other guitar I came in for was no longer cutting it.

Since the standard was a bit more then I had to spend the sale person recommended their credit card with no interest. An hour later I walked out of the store with my very first PRS guitar. Heroes of mine - Mark Tremonti, Mike Einziger and Daniel Johns played these guitars and they always seemed out of reach to me. I felt like I finally had a tool of the trade that would help me sonically advance. I ended up playing that standard through my very first tour in Summer 2004 and feel like that guitar was the real game changer for me as a writer and player. Since then I have acquired a Custom 24 and two Hollowbody's that I use in my band Scattered Light.

285497_175848555818815_8044657_n.jpg

me and my Violin II we're meant to be...no joking...it was destiny...

I fell in love with the Violin II when it first came out...that perfling, the outlined birds, and then one appeared in Ultraviolet - absolutely beautiful
I called the dealer in Canada who had it on their website and asked about it...they told me they'd check if its still available, and to my disappointment they came back and said it had been sold
I kept searching around, and found it in 3 different places online...well one of those places actually had it - another dealer in the US
(turns out the dealer up here didn't actually have it, just posted pictures...and its still on their site but now says 'sold')

But our Canadian exchange rate put the guitar out of reach for me...although I was asked to make an offer on it, I didn't...Quite frankly, didn't want to insult the dealer
It was one of a kind...I looked at it every day...then one day it said 'On Hold'
Sometime later, it disappeared altogether...I thought to myself that it was just a matter of time before someone bought that beautiful guitar...

Everyday I would search out PRS guitars, Ebay, other buy & sell sites, dealers websites...so on
...not specifically for that one Violin II, but anything that caught my eye in the same way
Then....THERE IT WAS !!!!
Within a few hours of appearing online, i caught it and called immediately
Next day I bought it...then the wait for it to arrive to me in Canada

...and here it is
true story...fell in love with this guitar, searched high and low, found it, lost it, appeared again, and now we're together
1623590_10206126285375769_3559184721617810046_n.jpg

2006 - I was traveling in Phoenix and had a day to kill. Went to a well known music store to look for a Les Paul. Everything I tried had some kind of issue. All the time I was playing those guitars there was this beautiful Emerald Green guitar hanging behind the register. I'd never seen one before. I'd never heard of a PRS before. I finally asked to play it. Sat down in front of a DRRI and plugged it in. It was already in tune! It felt good, it sounded great. It demanded that I take it home. People talk about "buyers remorse", I don't know what they are talking about. I've never regretted it for a single second. My 2006 Cu24 Artist package:
Em3.jpg

Congrats, you made the new MyPRS page on the site too!
Been having a really week/month so that kind of made my day yesterday to see I made the page. Shared through my bands page this morning :)
Thanks for posting me Hunter@PRS

Matt, you made the page?
Congratulations!
Where is it, I cannot find it on the PRS site.
I checked the blog page, nothing there.

Back