My PRS Private Stock Journey...

Where’s the link, yo?

Dude, you know I love you.

It’s blue.

Dude, you know I love you.

It’s blue.

I’m not a Vela or trem guy, BUT hubba-hubba!:p:D

Don’t you have a Koa CE too? And wasn’t there a green one with a white back?

Not that I stalk much. :rolleyes:

I do have this Koa CE with birds and a flame neck, but it’s not a PS (long story). I will have to keep it under lock and key this weekend as Hans is coming for a visit, and he has been trying to steal it for years. :oops:

Hmmmm. Green one with white back?

Last edited:
They certainly exist, which is why I’m surprised they won’t still make a CE PS. As a matter of fact, I used to own the CE PS listed above; it was created for my good friend, Tom I****, and I bought it from him. What is sad, is that that guitar came with two different necks, because Tom wasn’t happy with the shape of the original (He wanted a baseball bat R8 ‘50s LP carve). It’s borderline criminal to me that someone sold off the 2nd neck separately, which was its most unique feature. :mad: Also, one was fiddleback maple and the other was unfigured.

I still own this bolt-on NF private Stock, which was one of the last Celtic knot inlays (before they restricted them to “Collector’s” editions).

too much GAS for this guitar. Must not look at it

I do have this Koa CE with birds and a flame neck, but it’s not a PS (long story). I will have to keep it under lock and key this weekend as Hans is coming for a visit, and he has been trying to steal it for years. :oops:

Hmmmm. Green one with white back?

Maybe it was that other guy in Indiana?

PS now seems more like, a grade or a tier of a build rather than a full-on custom shop.

There’s also so many dealer’s builds and dealer specific “exclusives”. Like, I’m not blaming dealers, they’re obviously selling and enough people want them, but I kinda don’t get why customers would wanna buy a PS someone else designed over a WL for half the cost. It’s clogging up production, and feels like ordering a Maury Amsterdam sandwich rather than creating your own.

Some dealer runs are dope like the Moore’s “first birds” Frampton guitars. Dunno how well those sold, but it was a cool idea, and seemed like something that PRS shoulda done themselves like as a PS GOTM thing. But there’s tons of kinda “basic” PS runs of CU24’s and 594’s that no longer elicit a “wow” from me, and I dunno if I could get all that invested in a guitar store’s aesthetic legacy.

I could just be jaded from 12 years of PSF.

Back