My PRS Private Stock Journey...

They have to spend all their time making weird guitars for Herman Li only to have him break them in concert.

Inlays, flashy finishes and weird pattern fretboards are simultaneously the least of my concerns, AND the main selling point of PS guitars these days apparently.
Just be thankful they won’t do PS Silver Sky’s yet. Once that happens… 4 year wait.

Me, too. For a fancier production model, I'm more than happy to go wood library. But if I'm going PS, it's gotta be fully tweakable to get me to take that step.
I know it’s kinda crazy saying a 5000 roses (yes, I’m using CL casual encounters terminology) guitar is a “good value” but comparatively speaking, it kinda is.

Some of these Wood Library guitars are only like, 1000 roses more than a Core and have some of the most common and desirable features people usually order in a Private Stock.

Compare that to 11,000-13,000 roses for a PS that you get to pick from a list of options as long as a customized Whopper order, all of the sudden those stained CrazyParts/PartzNinja tuner buttons and colored Mother of Lava Rock inlays seem wildly overpriced.

I believe Alex also had a red CE with piezo and others

Yet another CE-Private Stock

Last edited:

Good googamooga... a CE with a rosewood neck. Oooh that's nice. Me likey a lot.

BUT....
Can it really be considered a CE with a rosewood neck though?

I know it’s kinda crazy saying a 5000 roses (yes, I’m using CL casual encounters terminology) guitar is a “good value”......

I know I'm going to regret asking, and I should probably know better by now: but what in the name of G*d's trousers did this expression spring from?

I know I'm going to regret asking, but where in the name of G*d's trousers did this come from?
Sex workers on Craigslist used to say “roses” instead of dollars to get around the sites rules.

This forum prohibits speaking about prices on new guitars, and this is my lazy attempt at doing the same thing.

I should get banned.

Yeah, not surprised as I don't recall ever seeing a bolt-on PS. My suggestions is to get a DW CE-24 and thank me later.

Check this out.

2004 Paul Reed Smith PRS CE-24 Private Stock w Brazilian Board & Gold Inlays ~ Joe Knaggs Build https://reverb.com/item/50963409-20...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=50963409

They’re out there.

Hell, I think @11top has at least two.

They certainly exist, which is why I’m surprised they won’t still make a CE PS. As a matter of fact, I used to own the CE PS listed above; it was created for my good friend, Tom I****, and I bought it from him. What is sad, is that that guitar came with two different necks, because Tom wasn’t happy with the shape of the original (He wanted a baseball bat R8 ‘50s LP carve). It’s borderline criminal to me that someone sold off the 2nd neck separately, which was its most unique feature. :mad: Also, one was fiddleback maple and the other was unfigured.

I still own this bolt-on NF private Stock, which was one of the last Celtic knot inlays (before they restricted them to “Collector’s” editions).

Last edited:

Can confirm he had this one, thanks to Shawn letting me put my grubby mitts on it!

YOIiMHK.jpg

They certainly exist, which is why I’m surprised they won’t still make a CE PS. As a matter of fact, I used to own the CE PS listed above; it was created for my good friend, Tom I****, and I bought it from him. What is sad, is that that guitar came with two different necks, because Tom wasn’t happy with the shape of the original (He wanted a baseball bat R8 ‘50s LP carve). It’s borderline criminal to me that someone sold off the 2nd neck separately, which was its most unique feature. :mad: Also, one was fiddleback maple and the other was unfigured.

I still own this bolt-on NF private Stock, which was one of the last Celtic knot inlays (before the restricted them to “Collector’s” editions.

OH Come on!!! I want that!!

I still own this bolt-on NF private Stock, which was one of the last Celtic knot inlays (before the restricted them to “Collector’s” editions.

WOW!!! That's it????
I do believe so. It is definitely one of Alex's. I think Shawn said this was the first time they put in a Piezo trem???? He was telling me some details about it, but I was fanboying out over holding it that I forgot most of what he said.

I do believe so. It is definitely one of Alex's. I think Shawn said this was the first time they put in a Piezo trem???? He was telling me some details about it, but I was fanboying out over holding it that I forgot most of what he said.
That's so awesome!!

I had one of my Cust24 trem modified back in 2001or 02 when I saw Alex's PRS piezo. Was the ghost system. Found a machinist to drill the individual hole in the trem-base to accommodate the transducer saddle wires. Wonder if I have a photo of it somewhere.

Don’t you have a Koa CE too? And wasn’t there a green one with a white back?

Not that I stalk much. :rolleyes:

Back