My PRS needs a sister.

A collegue of mine switched to a DGT as he suffered from bad experiences with two new 513 (quality issues). The DGT became his main guitar. Sweet humbucker sound, nice singlecoil voice.

BTW... the P22/24 piezo won't sound the way it ought to without a proper acoustic type amplification.

It's important to note though that there is a separate out for the piezo so you can run only that part to an acoustic amp/pedal/PA/etc. or you can blend a little into the magnetic output to get something different.

It sounds like he's liking the DGT though... :)

Yeah the piezo system just isn't something i think I'd utilize.

I'm definitely intrigued about the dgt so I'll be keeping an eye out for them. I've seen a few i really like already. i think I'm still gonna look for a modern eagle trem at a good price first. Possibly save my money a little longer and have more of a budget. We'll see

i tried a few really nice '15 cu24s this past weekend and they were great with the pattern regular neck. but i'm really just exploring my options right now. thankfully i dont have the money just yet to spend so it gives me time to really make the right decision. frankly i dont think theres a bad decision when it comes to a PRS but i'd like something that will ultimately cure my GAS for the longest possible time haha.

i tried a few really nice '15 cu24s this past weekend and they were great with the pattern regular neck. but i'm really just exploring my options right now. thankfully i dont have the money just yet to spend so it gives me time to really make the right decision. frankly i dont think theres a bad decision when it comes to a PRS but i'd like something that will ultimately cure my GAS for the longest possible time haha.
That will be about a week.

i'm not really opposed to any specific models. the 408s look nice. i dont really know much about the dgt model. the p22s and 24s are the same as cu's but with piezos right? is that the only difference? if so i'm not sure i'd really utilize it. does piezo sound good through a normal amp as opposed to one meant for acoustic?

here are some preferences

-neck = wide fat or pattern regular. non painted. i dont want anything too sticky.
-pickups = 2 humbuckers preferred. not sure about the narrowfields or other smaller humbuckers. tried pauls guitar. sounded nice but i'm always trying new pickups so i like having normal humbucker routs. i also do NOT like having middle pickups. i hate feeling that pickup when i'm strumming. bugs me a lot.
- i really prefer natural backs. non painted. similar to mine above.
-frets = prefer 22's look. wont really utilize 24 that much but i'm not at all opposed to 24. i prefer bigger frets. my 5310 has really big frets. i measured them at (i want to say) 58x110 or something similar. but a medium-jumbo works
-coil tap is always a plus but i can always do it after market if not currently on it
- vibrato preferred. since mines a stoptail i'd like to have something with a trem to give me more options. i can always lock it down later if i change my mind
- tone = i typically play rock styles but i'd like to have some versatility. i like medium output pickups but i can always try a different set if the stock set isnt to my liking so thats not a big deal. i like the 5310 pickups but i dont necessarily want the same set. i want to have some more options.

thats about all i can think of right now.
Great looking 5310!
You're pretty limited with the non painted neck. Pretty much to a rosewood neck or one of the newer maple necks. You could order the maple neck on most artist package guitars new, but will get out of the price range you want...unless you maybe run across a new one. The ME seems like a good direction to go. We can't discuss retail prices of new instruments, I think used is OK to discuss. Ebay sold listing searches are gonna be your best bet. I haven't followed ME pricing much. ME 3 has narrowfield pickups, so that doesn't meet your needs. Looks like ME 2 and Quattro are the way to go.

Great looking 5310!
You're pretty limited with the non painted neck. Pretty much to a rosewood neck or one of the newer maple necks. You could order the maple neck on most artist package guitars new, but will get out of the price range you want...unless you maybe run across a new one. The ME seems like a good direction to go. We can't discuss retail prices of new instruments, I think used is OK to discuss. Ebay sold listing searches are gonna be your best bet. I haven't followed ME pricing much. ME 3 has narrowfield pickups, so that doesn't meet your needs. Looks like ME 2 and Quattro are the way to go.

maple necks can be great but i dont think thats what i want right now. maybe if it was the right guitar. i've seen a couple spot runs here and there will rosewood necks and i really dig em. right now i'm leaning heavily towards that option and a trem with 2 humbuckers. so i'm still pretty open to most other spec.

Beautiful guitar...I've always wanted a 53/10, love the look of 'em and the scorched pup covers.

i've used some covers like that before from bare knuckle. they can really be great with the right finish!

I know the 408 was mentioned earlier in this thread... we actually have such a thing with pattern sized east indian rw neck. Super comfortable to play! Big fan of the rw necks. Check it out: http://www.chucklevins.com/products/paul-reed-smith-12192147-408-maple-top-eriza-verde-10-top.html

The DGT is definitely on point, I was going to mention the McCarty Trem which is basically what a DGT is. I'm gonna throw a DGT out there for you to look at: http://www.chucklevins.com/products/paul-reed-smith-13203009-dgt-fire-red-wrap-10-top.html.

If you ever find yourself around the DMV area you should come strum a few!

The S2 line are just not aesthetically pleasing to me. Im sure they play great though

If you like the ONE SINGULAR FREAKING NECK you can get on an S2, the so called pattern regular. Which is bizarre IMHO as you can get any neck right up to a Bernie Marsden 59 profile neck on an SE.

Core necks > SE necks > S2 necks
. Who's brilliant idea was that?

For me the pattern regular neck is too small. I'd never buy an S2 for that reason alone. It's core or SE for me.

I know the 408 was mentioned earlier in this thread... we actually have such a thing with pattern sized east indian rw neck. Super comfortable to play! Big fan of the rw necks. Check it out: http://www.chucklevins.com/products/paul-reed-smith-12192147-408-maple-top-eriza-verde-10-top.html

The DGT is definitely on point, I was going to mention the McCarty Trem which is basically what a DGT is. I'm gonna throw a DGT out there for you to look at: http://www.chucklevins.com/products/paul-reed-smith-13203009-dgt-fire-red-wrap-10-top.html.

If you ever find yourself around the DMV area you should come strum a few!

I was actually on your site earlier today! Great looking 408. Looks a little out of my price range but I'd play the hell out of that. The red dgt looks killer too. I'm actually in Massachusetts. Closest big dealer to me i think is Brian's guitars. Still need to check them out. They've got some beauts

Back