Leon

Haven't been visiting this forum in a while - got me 3 PRS guitars (one is not pictured, an S2 22 that I've put a Lindy Fralin set into, my workhorse) in the past 6 months and I feel my addiction is finally sated.

img20200313215116674.jpg

So, if I get a band/project/session that brings some more coin to the table... a McCarty Goldtop or a black Core Mira? (the question is which one to get first, not whether to get both, that one's a YES).

Oh, yeah, the title was a lie. Sorry.

Here's my workhorse, an S2 22 with a Lindy Fralin Twangmaster in the bridge and a Fralin noiseless Alnico Rod P90 in the neck. Super tele-like vibe to the tone and that PRS playability to boot. Push-pull in the middle position for out-of-phase tones (for some cocked-wah style riffing and soloing).

20200314120618.jpg

Haven't been visiting this forum in a while - got me 3 PRS guitars (one is not pictured, an S2 22 that I've put a Lindy Fralin set into, my workhorse) in the past 6 months and I feel my addiction is finally sated.

img20200313215116674.jpg

So, if I get a band/project/session that brings some more coin to the table... a McCarty Goldtop or a black Core Mira? (the question is which one to get first, not whether to get both, that one's a YES).

Rasta-approved color choices - yah mon! :cool:

Hmmm, your also missing a singlecut :)
Yeah, each one I've tried thus far has been way too heavy for me, looking for a lighter option (hence the McCarty and Mira suggestions). My back has an ironclad veto on this. :D

img20200313215116674.jpg

You need a Mira, and you need something Soapy, something like this 25th Anniversary model...

BWDaI3m.jpg

What model is the white one in the back with the 3 single coils?
You mean the light blue one (third from the left)? That's a powder blue 305.

Next to it is a vintage white Swamp Ash Special; when my guitar tech was taking it apart for a complete setup, he discovered it was actually a model that originally came with 3 Narrowfields, but the first owner modded it with a PRS humbucker in the bridge, effectively turning it into a Studio (my fave pickup configuration).

@RickP: wow, that's a VERY interesting & beautiful choice. And a hardtail on top of that, bonus points.

You mean the light blue one (third from the left)? That's a powder blue 305.

Next to it is a vintage white Swamp Ash Special; when my guitar tech was taking it apart for a complete setup, he discovered it was actually a model that originally came with 3 Narrowfields, but the first owner modded it with a PRS humbucker in the bridge, effectively turning it into a Studio (my fave pickup configuration).

@RickP: wow, that's a VERY interesting & beautiful choice. And a hardtail on top of that, bonus points.

Awesome. Right, blue! Hard to tell on my laptop screen.

Beautiful lineup!

It’s not over until you’ve spent your kid’s lunch money to get a Private Stock and hide it from your soon to be former wife :)

Boy, that's pretty grim if you take it seriously. Makes my addiction look like child's play.

Actually my wife(-to-be) helped me buy 3 of the guitars on the picture (the 305, the Johnny Hiland and the Swamp Ash Special), she's a keeper. Can't really justify buying a Private Stock though, I consider that a "four-digit sum per gig" level... not there yet.

Boy, that's pretty grim if you take it seriously. Makes my addiction look like child's play.

Actually my wife(-to-be) helped me buy 3 of the guitars on the picture (the 305, the Johnny Hiland and the Swamp Ash Special), she's a keeper. Can't really justify buying a Private Stock though, I consider that a "four-digit sum per gig" level... not there yet.
Congrats on the wife-to-be. I’m at the four digit sum per gig level, but can’t afford the PS guitars. $50.00 just isn’t doing it. :D

Congrats on the wife-to-be. I’m at the four digit sum per gig level, but can’t afford the PS guitars. $50.00 just isn’t doing it. :D

:D yeah, I'm at a $200 per gig minimum, but I get more sax gigs than guitar or piano at the moment. It gets tough if you don't have a steady gig.

Back