My P-22 Trem with a demo video

markd21

I have this posted over on another forum, but I figure it would make MORE sense to have it here....

Not too long ago I got this P22. I wasn't really digging the idea of the piezo - I had a CS Brian Moore C90P.13 for a few years and I NEVER used the piezo - but the guitar was purple (the last color needed for my rainbow of PRS'). I went ahead and ordered it.

When it arrived I wasn't too thrilled with the color. It seemed "pre-faded" and I prefer my colors bright and vivid. After some cajoling from the wife, I decided to keep it. She said the color gave it more character than my others that are bright and vivid.

This is the first NEW PRS I have purchased since 2004. It is really nice. I will skip the specs since you guys know them already. I'll just add that it is a 10-top.

Here are some pictures:

20170316_160358_zpsbaqsfnoj.jpg

20170316_160409_zpsxn5p23rm.jpg

20170316_160429_zpsa3tga5zo.jpg

20170316_160416-1_zpsmvhob82w.jpg

I made a demo video as well. This was more of an experiment on how to use my Zoom H6 for audio and editing in Adobe Premier Pro. I have never done a video exactly like this, where it's kind of like a demo/review. It's mostly to start generating some traffic for my band - I get lots of comments about my guitars at the gigs, not just from guitarists but also from women that think they are "pretty" (lol). So, I am going to do a series of videos on my PRS guitars - eventually leading to some interactive, fan-based, voting stuff (all to engage our fans) where they can vote for the PRS I will play at the next gig....

We'll see, lol. Anyway, here's the video. Don't be too harsh. I know it can be better.....

My Violet Tremonti came the same way, I was expecting a major violet color explosion and what I got was way more blue and pre faded. I grew to like it though.

I have this posted over on another forum, but I figure it would make MORE sense to have it here....

Not too long ago I got this P22. I wasn't really digging the idea of the piezo - I had a CS Brian Moore C90P.13 for a few years and I NEVER used the piezo - but the guitar was purple (the last color needed for my rainbow of PRS'). I went ahead and ordered it.

When it arrived I wasn't too thrilled with the color. It seemed "pre-faded" and I prefer my colors bright and vivid. After some cajoling from the wife, I decided to keep it. She said the color gave it more character than my others that are bright and vivid.

This is the first NEW PRS I have purchased since 2004. It is really nice. I will skip the specs since you guys know them already. I'll just add that it is a 10-top.

Here are some pictures:

20170316_160358_zpsbaqsfnoj.jpg

20170316_160409_zpsxn5p23rm.jpg

20170316_160429_zpsa3tga5zo.jpg

20170316_160416-1_zpsmvhob82w.jpg

I made a demo video as well. This was more of an experiment on how to use my Zoom H6 for audio and editing in Adobe Premier Pro. I have never done a video exactly like this, where it's kind of like a demo/review. It's mostly to start generating some traffic for my band - I get lots of comments about my guitars at the gigs, not just from guitarists but also from women that think they are "pretty" (lol). So, I am going to do a series of videos on my PRS guitars - eventually leading to some interactive, fan-based, voting stuff (all to engage our fans) where they can vote for the PRS I will play at the next gig....

We'll see, lol. Anyway, here's the video. Don't be too harsh. I know it can be better.....

Well I'm glad your "dearly beloved" talked some sense into you because that is stunning. Ive had a few Piezo equipped geet's a Chad Kroeger Gibson LP, hey I had no clue who CK has when I bought it but it was a great guitar and a cheaper Parker I still have. Piezo can add another dimension to your sound blended in with your mag pup's through a single amp or better still when the signal is split between two amps.....and the second definitely doesn't need to be a aucoustic specific amp. Play with it, I think you'll like the blended tones. I'm not sure what Piezo system PRS uses and I'm sure it's excellent so the option to knock out some straight up amplified acoustic tunes with your favourite electric is a definite added bonus. Especially if you gig and do play the odd acoustic number.

I saw Alter Bridge last week and Myles Kennedy used a Piezo equipped CU24 I'm guessing, as well as an Angelus to knock out a few acoustic numbers and there was literally nothing perceptible in it.

****Well after watching your vid I feel silly. You have it well and truly squared away......so why didn't you use the Piezo in the past ?

Last edited:
......so why didn't you use the Piezo in the past ?

Thanks!! To answer your question, the BIGGEST reason was because the Brian Moore has the jack in a weird spot. Mine had one stereo jack so I had to use this weird "Y" cable....just too much hassle. It sound fine, just was not enjoyable to use. I would occasionally use the piezo in the studio, either alone or blended, but live was out of the question.

My Violet Tremonti came the same way, I was expecting a major violet color explosion and what I got was way more blue and pre faded. I grew to like it though.

Totally where I was with mine. I dig it now, but when I opened the case I was a little bummed.

Dig what the sunlight does to the top! Looks hot to me!
I think the colouring is very cool.

Thanks. I am digging it now, too!!

I have the stoptail version and love it to death!!!

I am all about the stop-tail...that's my FAVORITE bridge!!

I think that is a gorgeous, and unique looking guitar! I'm loving it. I really enjoyed your video as well. Thanks for sharing!

Kevin

Last edited:
Back