My new SE 245 Standard

musiker01

Hi Guys, recently got a SE 245 Standard and fall in Love with that great Guitar! Never liked PRS before -sorry- but now got convincend!

Here is a short Demo of my new one :)

Beautiful! Welcome to the club. Be sure to post your next PRS when you get it. (Only a matter of time my friend!)

Nice! I played that exact model at my local store recently and liked it. Enjoy!

Ok, soon i will get a second SC 245 SE Standard, 'cause the main cable of the one tested above was obviously broken in. So the Dealer company coosed to get this one back and send me another one.

I'm very excited about the consisty in this series?

Check out the review on the 245 standard at Andertons YouTube site. Rob and his bud Rabeaa liked it so much they bought one and used it on the new Dorje album. Huge bang for the buck,as are all PRS.

I'm very excited about the consisty in this series?

Ok, i will not be able to find out. Because of some scratches the reseller refused to exchange the guitar and instead it will go to PRS for repair. Think this will be some looooooooonng weeks before i will see that guitar again.

Ok, so after about 6 long weeks ( :-( ) my Guitar finally returned :)

Something i noticed:

Size DOES matter :p I noticed that i could suddenly play some Banjo Rolls i just learned but couldn't really play on my other guitars due to size as i now know. On the 245 SE Standard i coult strectch my fingers more easily because of the shorter scale. Great!

Another thing: its definitly way more light than my LP-Style Guitars.

Not tried it plugged in allready, i will try tonight. So i hope they repaired it well!

Sadly i discovered when i finally plugged the Guitar in that the fault was not eliminated by PRS. They stated they cut back the (Output)Wire and re-soldered it.

Unfortunately they only cut out one piece but the cable was obviously broken on 2 parts. So after having issues with crackles, knock and touch sensitivity of the cable again i cut out the faulty part by myself and bridged it. One of the next days i have to exchange the whole cable, not gonna send it in for another nearly 7 weeks....................................

Back