My new guitar

Awesome! Love the look of korina. So understated, but loads of character in the grain.

Nice BM!!! How is she getting along with the Mesa?

Mesa and Brent have a great relationship. Lovely sounds.

My son will be leaving at the end of the summer, taking the Mesa with him. He somehow claimed ownership over some of my musical equipment over the years. I will need to get another amp. Any suggestion, other than getting another Mesa? I don't ever run across PRS amps in the stores.

Thanks everybody for the kind word about my new guitar.

Great looking guitar. Like the wood grain finish. If your looking for another amp and you want a tube amp in the 50 watt range, you can't beat a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. My PRS and Fender guitars all sound great through this amp. I must admit I have never played a PRS amp (and have never seen one in person), so I cannot compare. One of the days...or nights????

Is it this one in the factory the day they finished mine nearly 2 years ago?

1377225_10152563734520639_1630327769_n_zps0a3f6402.jpg

just kidding...Congrats that is very sweet

Very nice! That's actually the finish I wanted when I got mine, right down to the rosewood fingerboard, but I couldn't find one, so I got a Whitewash one instead. They don't seem to be making a lot of these Brent Masons, at least I'm not seeing very many. I hope they don't go the way of the DC3 (another one of my favorite PRSi)...

Great looking guitar. Like the wood grain finish. If your looking for another amp and you want a tube amp in the 50 watt range, you can't beat a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. My PRS and Fender guitars all sound great through this amp. I must admit I have never played a PRS amp (and have never seen one in person), so I cannot compare. One of the days...or nights????

I have played some PRSes through a few HRDs and Blues Deluxes in stores, and although I have historically not been a Fender amp guy, these sound pretty good for the price I must admit.

As far as "small" reasonably-priced combos go, I am a huge fan of the Blackstar HT Club 40. Gives a nice Fender-esque clean with the clean-channel voicing switch pushed in, and nice dirt with it out. OD channel sounds great as well.

Other than one of the new Mesa Express+ series, I think if you're going to drop that level of coin on an amp, and you like the Mesa, you should audition one of the smaller Archon combos while you can still A-B them side by side. BEFORE your son steals all of your gear lol.

Nice! How are you liking it so far?
20423924039_f63aa3dff8_b.jpg

I am enjoying it more and more. I like the chime and open clarity of the guitar. It also has some nice spank to it too.

I changed the strings last night from what the store had on it. That made tuning more stable. And, sound better too. I didn't think the strings on the guitar were bad from the store, but apparently they were.

Why is it that you can post my picture on this site, but I have to use a link to my flickr account? I never seem to be able to post a picture no matter what I do?

Last edited:
Very nice! That's actually the finish I wanted when I got mine, right down to the rosewood fingerboard, but I couldn't find one, so I got a Whitewash one instead. They don't seem to be making a lot of these Brent Masons, at least I'm not seeing very many. I hope they don't go the way of the DC3 (another one of my favorite PRSi)...

I'm hoping the Brent Mason model sticks around too. I suppose it all depends on if people by them or not.

Whitewash is a pretty cool color too. I think the solid color (white, metallic blue, natural) are the best for this guitar. I thought the three color would be nice, but the more I see that, I looks like the guitar is trying to be a strat IMHO. Maybe if I saw one in person I'd think differently.

I have played some PRSes through a few HRDs and Blues Deluxes in stores, and although I have historically not been a Fender amp guy, these sound pretty good for the price I must admit.

As far as "small" reasonably-priced combos go, I am a huge fan of the Blackstar HT Club 40. Gives a nice Fender-esque clean with the clean-channel voicing switch pushed in, and nice dirt with it out. OD channel sounds great as well.

Other than one of the new Mesa Express+ series, I think if you're going to drop that level of coin on an amp, and you like the Mesa, you should audition one of the smaller Archon combos while you can still A-B them side by side. BEFORE your son steals all of your gear lol.

That's a good tip, A-B them before my son goes away. Thanks for the Blackstar HT Club 40 idea too. I haven't seen them around the local stores, though. I was thinking possibly a Fender Blues Junior Tweed, which is less than half the cost of a Mesa Express +, but that depend on how it sounds.

Thanks for the tip on hot rod deluxe. And thanks for the kind words about Brent Mason guitar.

Is that yours in the picture?

One of these years, I'm going to have to make a trip to the factory.

Yes it is mine, the funny thing though I emailed my dealer from half across the world asking him
if it is mine, and he had no idea until he called the factory later in the day and got the confirmation.

Back