My name is Gary, and I have a problem...

GS1

It's not my fault really. I blame PRS for discontinuing the Marsden, and all of you enablers who bought one recently. You see, a Bernie was my first PRS, and I sold it off, even though I really liked it, thinking that I could always get another one some day. Well, lo and behold, I find out that they are going to be history, and that a place was selling them for a truly ridiculous price.

So here it is. Everyone knows what an amazing instrument this is by now. (Those who like toothpick necks need not apply.) If my bathroom scale is at all accurate, it comes in at 8.2 pounds. (Edited, I rechecked because it sounded too low, I was right) Can't find a flaw anywhere, as is to be expected. Well, the nut leaves a tad to be desired, but it is overall very beautiful. This is my first black guitar, and I really dig it!

Oh, and this is for my son, yeah that's it...

Bernie%20Black%202_zpsdyculahd.jpg

Last edited:
Nice treat for your sun.
Yeah, I distinctly remember my first guitar, and what a indescribable piece of crap it was. I really believe that a decent instrument will help, at least not hinder starting off on your journey. I started off showing the daughter the parts of the guitar, the string notes and how to use the tuner. She thought she should start off playing a song immediately. If only it were that easy!

Yeah, I distinctly remember my first guitar, and what a indescribable piece of crap it was. I really believe that a decent instrument will help, at least not hinder starting off on your journey. I started off showing the daughter the parts of the guitar, the string notes and how to use the tuner. She thought she should start off playing a song immediately. If only it were that easy!

I got my son a lightly used CU22 Soapbar for his first real guitar (as a little guy I had a 1/2 size Strat made for him, but it wasn't something he could really learn on and he was too young). It was a great instrument, and he became a superb player. In fact, he's in the music business, only unlike his Dad, he doesn't do ad soundtracks, he is the real deal working in LA and touring.

You never know what's going to happen when you put a nice instrument in a kid's hands. ;)

In fact, he's in the music business, only unlike his Dad, he doesn't do ad soundtracks, he is the real deal working in LA and touring.
You never know what's going to happen when you put a nice instrument in a kid's hands. ;)
I could only be so lucky!

Bernie FTW.....and since Alan hasn't chimed in, welcome to Club Bernie! And if Les happens to spout about there not really being any kind of club, pay him no mind! :p

Bernie FTW.....and since Alan hasn't chimed in, welcome to Club Bernie! And if Les happens to spout about there not really being any kind of club, pay him no mind!

Thanks! I am seriously considering the Mann Made bridge that you and few others here have. I also want to change out the knobs, just don't know to what yet. Even with a few nice upgrades, this thing is a steal!

I was going to be rude and ask if your son has been born yet, but it doesn`t matter either way. Nice score!

I found a black Bernie locally at a very nice price. It had been upgraded with P-Rail pickups and 2 mini-switches to get 3 different sounds from each pickup. Very good for a "lower end" instrument.

Thanks! I am seriously considering the Mann Made bridge that you and few others here have. I also want to change out the knobs, just don't know to what yet. Even with a few nice upgrades, this thing is a steal!
Highly recommend the Mann. I did USA lampshades since they fit the SE shafts. Have fun, and post pics along the way!

Highly recommend the Mann. I did USA lampshades since they fit the SE shafts. Have fun, and post pics along the way!

Looks soooooo good in black. I was just thinking it needs some lampshades to really set it off. I just installed a Mann bridge myself and can say it's a beautiful piece of engineering.

Back