My modded SE Paul's Guitar

Great mod! Wondering about putting on those Phase III lockers. Are they 100% retrofit to the old screw holes of stock tuners?

SE PG already has great features with it I think. I don't own one but luckily I got its USA brass inserted bridge from an SE PG owner, hehehe.;)

mgFiK9N.jpg

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a SE Paul's Guitar and there is something special about this guitar. The notes ring and sustain with such musicality it's a joy to play. Unfortunately I wasn't completely sold on some aspects of the looks particularly the black pickup rings. I like the shape but didn't like the black color, so I decided to change them out with some rings I had lying around my place. I also had some lampshade knobs that I pulled off a guitar I sold previously, that I decided to use as well. Finally I ordered some Phase III tuners which I just installed this morning...She turned out amazing!! (I think) I know the replacement rings take away some of the looks of "Paul's Guitar" but I really like the cream color better. If you look at the video you can see a slight flame to the neck and the rosewood fret board looks stunning!! Over all very happy with the mods and guitar!!

I couldn't figure out how to upload pics, so I just made a video with the pics in it. I apologise for my lack of computer skills!

Hi,

gorgeous guitar! Great work!

Can you tell me which pickup rings do fit? Is it the acc 4261-I ?

Thank you,

Nick

Sweet looking piece of rosewood ! I have an SE Paul's as well...or I should say, my son now has it (he wants to get back into playing and asked which of my guitars he could use).
I got the guitar from him this weekend and gave it a good cleaning, fret polish, and some fretboard conditioner and darn the rosewood on mine looks like a core model.

I just can't get used to how powerful the pickups are...in full 'bucker mode, I keep the volume dialed down to 7 to void it keeping boomy. In single coil mode, she's great, almost acoustic like vibe to the tone.
It's a sweet guitar, maybe just too powerful/hi-fi for my taste.

Hi I have the same guitar but in red. I purchased it earlier this year, I was also looking to upgrade some of the features as well, in addition to the pickup rings, the tuners, and knobs I was also going to get a Bone nut. Do you have any idea what would be a good replacement for the TCI "S" pickups? I really like the sound of the core model Paul's guitar but Idk what I would have to do to get that sound, the stock TCI "S" pickups just don't have the same punch as the core in my opinion.

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a SE Paul's Guitar and there is something special about this guitar. The notes ring and sustain with such musicality it's a joy to play. Unfortunately I wasn't completely sold on some aspects of the looks particularly the black pickup rings. I like the shape but didn't like the black color, so I decided to change them out with some rings I had lying around my place. I also had some lampshade knobs that I pulled off a guitar I sold previously, that I decided to use as well. Finally I ordered some Phase III tuners which I just installed this morning...She turned out amazing!! (I think) I know the replacement rings take away some of the looks of "Paul's Guitar" but I really like the cream color better. If you look at the video you can see a slight flame to the neck and the rosewood fret board looks stunning!! Over all very happy with the mods and guitar!!

I couldn't figure out how to upload pics, so I just made a video with the pics in it. I apologise for my lack of computer skills!

Do you still have the original pickup rings of the PRS SE PG? I'd like to buy it.

Back