My modded SE Paul's Guitar

Darkside Six

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a SE Paul's Guitar and there is something special about this guitar. The notes ring and sustain with such musicality it's a joy to play. Unfortunately I wasn't completely sold on some aspects of the looks particularly the black pickup rings. I like the shape but didn't like the black color, so I decided to change them out with some rings I had lying around my place. I also had some lampshade knobs that I pulled off a guitar I sold previously, that I decided to use as well. Finally I ordered some Phase III tuners which I just installed this morning...She turned out amazing!! (I think) I know the replacement rings take away some of the looks of "Paul's Guitar" but I really like the cream color better. If you look at the video you can see a slight flame to the neck and the rosewood fret board looks stunning!! Over all very happy with the mods and guitar!!

I couldn't figure out how to upload pics, so I just made a video with the pics in it. I apologise for my lack of computer skills!

Thank you everyone for the kind words regarding the guitar!! And yes!! That's an SE fretboard! The pickup rings were a direct install, no new drilling...They're actually Gibson pickup rings that I had laying around, they match the switch tip perfectly too.

She's a real beauty for sure. But tell me, were the phase 3 tuners a drop in, or did you have to do some reaming?

She's a real beauty for sure. But tell me, were the phase 3 tuners a drop in, or did you have to do some reaming?

I used the bushings from the original tuners So I did have to ream the holes on the backside of the headstock, but it was very minimal. There is a small lip on the new tuners that is wider then the original holes, which is why I had to ream it a bit. Took maybe 1 min per hole to ream. Not bad at all and the Phase III Tuner mounting screws lined up beautifully. Bought the Tuners on Amazon, and they were listed by Music Zoo. Definitely feel like an upgrade and it could be a placebo effect, but the notes sound a bit clearer with the new tuners.

Back