My Intro

Tom Bradovich

First post from me after lurking here gathering info & opinions for a couple of weeks. Today, I went and did it! I ordered an S2 McCarty Thinline from my local GC. My original intent was to go in and play one to make sure I liked the fingerboard and action, but they had none in stock. So, only way was was for me to plunk down the dough for the order from their distribution center. I guess if I really don't like it, I can give it back & have the transaction reversed, but I'm about 99.999% certain I'm going to love it.

First post from me after lurking here gathering info & opinions for a couple of weeks. Today, I went and did it! I ordered an S2 McCarty Thinline from my local GC. My original intent was to go in and play one to make sure I liked the fingerboard and action, but they had none in stock. So, only way was was for me to plunk down the dough for the order from their distribution center. I guess if I really don't like it, I can give it back & have the transaction reversed, but I'm about 99.999% certain I'm going to love it.
Sweet! Congrats on your first, and welcome to the forum.

Welcome and congrats! These can be tough times for stock. GC has a good return policy if needed but you'll dig it

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your first. I'm sure you'll love it, I've heard nothing but good things about them. PRS is really the only brand I have no concerns about buying before playing. From the SEs to the core models, it's tough to find a bad one. Enjoy and be sure and post some pics when you get it.

Welcome, Tom!
Make sure to post some pics when it arrives. Those pics would also make for an excellent avatar, btw!;)

I can’t wait to hear your impressions once you’ve had it for a week or so. The S2’s have really great necks and fretwork. Congratulations.

Way to commit Tom!! I loved my first PRS purchased in Feb this year so much, that I have already purchased two more and looking forward to a 4th (Vela semi-hollow) hopefully by end of year! If you are motivated, post some of your music in the "Studio & Stage" section of the forum. I personally love to hear what folk are doing with these gems!

Happy pickin! I know you'll be grinnin'!!
MW

Thanks all for the welcome. This will be my first PRS and it should arrive at GC sometime this week. Needless to say, I am stoked - like a kid before Christmas. I do have some questions, and will post them in the General Discussion section. I don't follow any social media sites, and this is only the second forum I've been on, so if you ask me a question and I don't reply right away, don't fret - I will eventually. Looking forward to enjoying this fine guitar and your opinions and information.

Back