My incoming SE 24-08 Eriza Verde

Here's a pic of the 24-08 with covers and pickup rings
DSC_0039.JPG
Let me go get a corona from the frig to go with your limelight/SE

Congrats! looks awesome.
Im falling hard to try a PRS SE. The 24-08 and Paul model look really interesting w the pickup selections.

Is the difference between the two basically the trem versus stop tail bridge? I like a trem and the fact the bridge has intonation adjustment. Did you try / consider both models?

I would definitely prefer pickup covers versus exposed or zebra coils.

Thanks !

Congrats! looks awesome.
Im falling hard to try a PRS SE. The 24-08 and Paul model look really interesting w the pickup selections.

Is the difference between the two basically the trem versus stop tail bridge? I like a trem and the fact the bridge has intonation adjustment. Did you try / consider both models?

I would definitely prefer pickup covers versus exposed or zebra coils.

Thanks !
There are a few differences between the two. The Paul’s Guitar is 22 Frets vs the Custom 24-08 which is 24. Additionally the neck shapes are different the Paul’s is a Wide Fat where as the 24-08 is a wide thin. I will say that they are both very comfortable. If I were to compare the two necks I would say the Wide Thin feels more Fendery while the Wide Fat feels very Gibsonish.
then the obvious trem vs stopbar.
The pickup options are the same. I will say that I am and was worried about me not liking the 24 frets. I have a guitar from another builder that’s 24 frets and I do not enjoy playing it as it feels like a yacht while the PRS feels like a sports car. It’s extremely comfortable and plays like a dream.

I hope that helps answer your questions

Reactions: MLH
There are a few differences between the two. The Paul’s Guitar is 22 Frets vs the Custom 24-08 which is 24. Additionally the neck shapes are different the Paul’s is a Wide Fat where as the 24-08 is a wide thin. I will say that they are both very comfortable. If I were to compare the two necks I would say the Wide Thin feels more Fendery while the Wide Fat feels very Gibsonish.
then the obvious trem vs stopbar.
The pickup options are the same. I will say that I am and was worried about me not liking the 24 frets. I have a guitar from another builder that’s 24 frets and I do not enjoy playing it as it feels like a yacht while the PRS feels like a sports car. It’s extremely comfortable and plays like a dream.

I hope that helps answer your questions

excellent info, thank you

Peter,

I don't think a 52mm cover is going to fit. I'm using 50mm for both pups. I tried a 52mm and it was way too wide :(

Did you get the SE yet? If so, we need pics !!! :)

You are indeed correct... the 52 was too wide and went 50's on both.

I did receive it and i'll be posting a photo here in a minute... work has been insane crazy... working IT in an educational environment doesn't afford much time in these times...

Thanks for the pics. Covers really take it to the next level as well as the knobs, pickup rings and locking tuners. Are you going to leave the covers as is or brush them? Glad you got a nice looking top !!!!

Thanks for the pics. Covers really take it to the next level as well as the knobs, pickup rings and locking tuners. Are you going to leave the covers as is or brush them? Glad you got a nice looking top !!!!

Im probably going to leave them as is... I’m too OCD to brush them LOL
I like the nickel switch tip and chrome tip for the trem arm.

Great pics! I like the chrome covers, really nice touch. Btw, are you gonna swap the saddles out?

what do you suggest?

I have a buddy who has a 35th and said it sounded like a piezo with the brass tuning keys and was just disgusted with it.
I love it and if the saddles improve by all means I’m all ears.

As a note I have a set of chrome 50mm/52mm and a nickel 52mm if anyone is looking hit me up. Would gladly trade all 3 for some clear black lampshades

Two Klons! There’s a dedicated Klon thread!
I’m not that cool I’m more stoked about the ts-10. It was brand new in box untouched with the original price tag still readable. It was originally purchased from the shop I bought my first guitar from a few minutes from my house

what do you suggest?

I have a buddy who has a 35th and said it sounded like a piezo with the brass tuning keys and was just disgusted with it.
I love it and if the saddles improve by all means I’m all ears.

Well, if you do I suggest Mannmade saddles. You can buy them from his shop on reverb. I replaced mine on my 35th SE. Cost about $75, but worth it. You wont notice a huge tonal difference, but I hear more clarity, less harsh highs. A major change I noticed was the intonation was much better.

Back