My Holowlbody 12 String has lost a screw!

falco

Hi guys,

New member, first post... I would like to make other 12 string owners aware about a possible issue: the locking screws that lock the 12 tiny saddles in place may become loose over time and, eventually unscrewing completely and getting lost! That's what happened to mu HB12. Please check them every once in a while 'cause when they're off they're impossible to find!

Does anyone happen to know where I can get a replacement of just this tiny screw? I've emailed PRS customer service and haven't received a reply after 3 days... I'm really worried 'cause without this screw the guitar won't intonate properly, and one of the reasons I got this PRS 12 string is because they're the only 12 strings out there with perfect intonation!

Thanks & regards to all!
Peter

Hi guys,

New member, first post... I would like to make other 12 string owners aware about a possible issue: the locking screws that lock the 12 tiny saddles in place may become loose over time and, eventually unscrewing completely and getting lost! That's what happened to mu HB12. Please check them every once in a while 'cause when they're off they're impossible to find!

Does anyone happen to know where I can get a replacement of just this tiny screw? I've emailed PRS customer service and haven't received a reply after 3 days... I'm really worried 'cause without this screw the guitar won't intonate properly, and one of the reasons I got this PRS 12 string is because they're the only 12 strings out there with perfect intonation!

Thanks & regards to all!
Peter

I'm sure we'll be able to hunt you down a screw - dont fret!

Peter...I think yours is a lost cause....the only way you can still salvage the guitar is to have it sent to the PTC for immediate 7 string conversion.

Yeah great idea! I wouldn't be that drastic though... maybe just 11 strings (think John Butler), or maybe I'll convert it to a mandolin!
Hope someone chimes in before I turn it into a banjo:laugh:

Back