My HBII (Video)

LJD

Finally got around to making a video featuring my 2012 HBII AP. I luuuuve that guitar. 53/10 pickups, ebony fretboard, rosewood neck. I'm running straight into my pro tools setup, sounds from Guitar Rig.

Nice guitar. I've always wondered if the rosewood necks on the Hollowbody Artist packages makes them slightly top-heavy. I used to have a Brazilian rosewood neck McCarty, and the neck was amazing- but VERY heavy. Is the guitar as balanced (weight-wise) as ones with the mahogany neck? I wish they offered ebony boards when I had my Hollowbody I built. I guess that will just have to wait until I get my Languedoc-inspired Private Stock small-bodied archtop years down the road. ;)

Just curious: what software are you using for the video takes? For example, I can see that when the guitar solo begins, there is a very subtle transition into another take, but it's obviously seamless on the audio end.

Nice guitar. I've always wondered if the rosewood necks on the Hollowbody Artist packages makes them slightly top-heavy. I used to have a Brazilian rosewood neck McCarty, and the neck was amazing- but VERY heavy. Is the guitar as balanced (weight-wise) as ones with the mahogany neck? I wish they offered ebony boards when I had my Hollowbody I built. I guess that will just have to wait until I get my Languedoc-inspired Private Stock small-bodied archtop years down the road. ;)

Just curious: what software are you using for the video takes? For example, I can see that when the guitar solo begins, there is a very subtle transition into another take, but it's obviously seamless on the audio end.

I don't find rosewood to be any heavier. It's the lightness of the body (if anything) that might give you a sense of neck dive. Mine is balanced just fine (and I use a slippery nylon strap).

I was using the camera in my iMac recording into iMovie. Audio was recorded in ProTools (sounds from Guitar Rig plugin). Yeah the solo was a punch-in.

OK, you just blew my mind. That is a very sophisticated piece, right down to the wink at the end in the direction of Scott Joplin. ;)

Great skills on the guitar, totally controlled and tasty playing...man, I am wondering how I can even call myself a musician!!

Reactions: LJD
Back