My hand was forced; I had no choice, really... (finally updated with NGD pic!)

Well folks, here she is--an '07 Singlecut Trem with 10-top and Indian Rosewood neck in Violin Amber Sunburst. Sorry to drag you on; I hope it was worth the wait...

mMSisoh.jpg

I knew the pickups weren't going to be "stock," as this guitar would've had #6 humbuckers in zebra. But as it turns out, they're DGT pickups, so we'll see if they stay. They sound pretty decent, but part of me wants to put some zebra pickups back in there... maybe some Lindy Fralin Unbuckers or, even better, something in the medium-hot AlNiCo II variety (the Unbuckers are A4).

8 lbs., 10 oz. of beautiful quilted sunburst, in amazing wear-free condition. I'm pretty happy with this find so far!
Nice

Well folks, here she is--an '07 Singlecut Trem with 10-top and Indian Rosewood neck in Violin Amber Sunburst. Sorry to drag you on; I hope it was worth the wait...

mMSisoh.jpg

I knew the pickups weren't going to be "stock," as this guitar would've had #6 humbuckers in zebra. But as it turns out, they're DGT pickups, so we'll see if they stay. They sound pretty decent, but part of me wants to put some zebra pickups back in there... maybe some Lindy Fralin Unbuckers or, even better, something in the medium-hot AlNiCo II variety (the Unbuckers are A4).

8 lbs., 10 oz. of beautiful quilted sunburst, in amazing wear-free condition. I'm pretty happy with this find so far!
Where Did You Find That Beauty?

Where Did You Find That Beauty?
It was listed through Guitar Center's "Used" network, located just a few states away... you know, with typically bad Guitar Center "Used" online pictures and all. But with their ridiculously liberal return policy--even on used guitars--there was no reason not to order it and see how it was.

This is actually how I acquired my recent Mira X, too. The only "gamble" is losing your $21.25 shipping fee if you decide you don't like it.

It was listed through Guitar Center's "Used" network, located just a few states away... you know, with typically bad Guitar Center "Used" online pictures and all. But with their ridiculously liberal return policy--even on used guitars--there was no reason not to order it and see how it was.

This is actually how I acquired my recent Mira X, too. The only "gamble" is losing your $21.25 shipping fee if you decide you don't like it.
It Looks Like One I Used To Own. I Am Going To Have To Go Through My Records/Pictures And See If It Is My Old One. I Am 99.99999999% Sure It Is. Regardless...Congrats! :)

mMSisoh.jpg

DGT pickups? Wow. Bet it sounds amazing………hard to come by for good reasons.... amazing pickups

mMSisoh.jpg

Absolutely stunning...so that's what an example of Violin Amber really looks like.
Congratulations!
And through Guitar Center to boot, that's pretty amazing find.

mMSisoh.jpg

Love that quilted top! Totally worth the wait.

Back