My First PRS

Stephen Hatfield

I just realized I can't post a pic link until I've put a few posts up so I'll have to post the pics later. Sorry.

I'm new to the PRS family. I discovered this SE Zach Myers in a local music store. I've been looking at electrics for a long time and actually had been looking at Gretcsch semi-hollow bodies and the typical Strat/Tele crowd. The looks got me first. The feel of the neck got me second. I knew that PRS had a pretty good rep but had never tried one. I'm an acoustic guy but wanted to try an electric. This guitar doesn't have a mark on it. No scratches, no buckle rash, no dings on the edges of the headstock, nothin. The only thing I see (in the pics) is there seems to be some horizontal lines (tail to headstock) that show up in certain light?? I'm not sure if this makes this a defect or not. You can't see them all the time. I paid less than half of what a new one goes for currently so I thought I was getting a pretty good deal. It's surprisingly loud unplugged (One reason I wanted a semi-hollow was to play and not be too loud for the family). I'm not sure if it's a 2014 or 2016 (I posted another thread about that.) but I really love it so far. I just need to learn how to transition from acoustic to electric.

a>

a>

zKG94Gd.jpg

2xbG1qp.jpg

a>

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new guitar.

Pictures need to be uploaded onto a third party hosting site and then the share code placed here.

Looking forward to your pics

Yup, those lighter lines running parallel to the strings are part of the natural grain in the wood. Dig it!

And I didn't look at your other thread, but the year of your SE is likely 2017 or newer. 2017 is when PRS added the signature to the SE headstocks.

Beautiful guitar!!! Also new to the PRS fam, have somehow been playing guitar 16 years without owning a single PRS. A sin as far as I'm concerned. Picking up a custom 24 quilt 10 top this weekend and I"m freaking out. Jealous you have yours already hahaha.

Nice guitar.
Transitioning from acoustic to electric will be a piece of cake. All the tonal nuances we develop on acoustic will be effective on electric as long as you don’t crank the gain too high. And the fingers on your fretting hand will feel 10 years younger because everything is so much easier.

toothace ... I could be :) If that's what they are. I didn't notice them at first. Not until I got home and looked in a different light. Thanks

Yes, perfectly normal. They come that way even on lots of the Core PRS’ and the highest end models like Private Stock.

That’s actually what highly figured flame maple looks like.

I have the same one man. The pinch harmonics you can get out of it are unreal. Best of luck with it

Back