My first PRS.

We're not meant to discuss prices here but let's just clear it up by saying you paid in the upper area of their value.

That said, PRS guitars play so nicely, what you paid will be insignificant when you compare it to other used guitars in the same price range. It will feel like a bargain.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome,

Actually discussing 2nd hand pricing is fine on here, just not retail/MAP. UK and Aus etc pricing is generally higher than US, usually by about 20% or more. Check out the sold items on eBay etc for a current market rough value.

Anyway congrats on the score, post some pics when you can! :)

Thanks for the info guys and i'll keep the pricing stuff out of future posts.
Andy

Hi Despardo, I also have a USA Made Les Paul circa 2004 and to be honest the PRS is a miles better guitar, in my opinion.

IMG_2635_zpsf6ese6fo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Welcome, it is a great guitar and I am sure that you will be very pleased with your purchase. I have Custom 24 and it is a dream to play like all PRS guitars, play it loud.

Beautiful guitar! I am sure it is worth every penny paid - congrats!

Hey Andy, I think you paid a fair price, considering you are in the UK (I assume you are in the UK, since you paid in Pounds Sterling!). You might have found one for a little less, but not much less, and the one you have looks to be in really good condition, with a very nice top! Is it a 10-top? If not, it is a really great looking non-10-top. (Look for a "10" stamped or written on the back of the headstock.)

I paid US$1500-ish for this somewhat beat-up 2002 Emerald Green CU24 (that is marked as a 10-top, but not as nice as yours!) - it has birds but lacked a case and trem bar, so I had to pay extra to get those after, so probably overall the same "value package" as yours, if you got a case.

IMG_8209LR_1024_zps6c9a93e8.jpg

I agree with WeFixFlats - Emerald Green PRSi are just better!

Thanks for post guys. I don't think its a '10' top and for a guitar thats nearly 20 years old, its in awesome condition, never gonna buy anything but PRS from now on :)

Are there a lot of Emerald Greens out there?

It was a mainstay in the PRS color palette for many years, up to about 5-7 years ago. But it hasn't been offered in the core line since 2010-ish, maybe 2008-ish? So there are quite a few out there, but because PRS keeps growing, the relative proportion is dropping, and no new ones are being released, and it is a relatively rare color to just pop-up used.

(Of course, I just checked reverb.com to see what the typical year-of-make might be, and there are a few nice choices available!)

There were a couple SE models offered in an Emerald green Burst finish a couple years ago, AFAICT.

Are there a lot of Emerald Greens out there?

Paul made the various colors he did in the early days to cover up natural stains in the wood. Emerald green was to cover a greenish stain. The colors he used were made for leather and while they are vibrant when put on, they fade over time. Emerald Green fades very well and has a golden hue to it.

grnlead.jpg

I LOVE the emerald green prs uses. My CE24 is emerald green and I love it! Welcome mister.

Back