My first PRS: Powder Blue 1991 CE

StSpider

Finally got the time to take a couple of pictures of this beautiful guitar that arrived tuesday.

rdHCsOk.jpg

ks05C86.jpg

HmzuAbr.jpg

NR3WjPx.jpg

a8kEjwn.jpg

Great conditions overall, a few dings and the neck is nicely worn but for the most part it looks well taken care of.

Let me tell you, I initally wanted a "fender-ish" guitar with trem that was well made, just to fool around with a floating bridge, but this guitar is that and so much more and will actually be used A LOT.

Super well made, and the playability is outstanding. Pickups are HFS and VB, I don't especially like the HFS by itself but all the split combinations sound great.

I am mostly surprised by the wide thin neck. I've played mostly big necks for the past 10+ years but this is one truly comfortable carve, and so easy to work with, I'm having a hard time putting it down.

It's really such a joy to play. Hope you like it!

Like it?!?! I LOVE it!:D
Absolutely beautiful! I love Powder Blue PRS guitars. The first one I ever played was this color.
There are a few videos on Youtube showing you how to change strings using those tuners if you haven't done it already. They're a little tricky, but once they're set, super easy to use.:)

welcome to the forum and congrats on such a beautiful guitar!

Like @DISTORT6 said thoses tuners can be a little tricky to get used at first but work brilliantly once you get the hang of them. I found this video useful to help with the first restring I did on mine.

My only negative is that you've now made me want a Powder Blue PRS. the hunt begins:confused:

Congrats again and you play her in good health for many years to come.

Last edited:
welcome to the forum and congrats on such a beautiful guitar!

Like @DISTORT6 said thoses tuners can be a little tricky to get used at first but work brilliantly once you get the hang of them. I found this video useful to help with the first restring I did on mine.

My only negative is that you've now made me want a Powder Blue PRS. the hunt begins:confused:

Congrats again and you play her in good health for many years to come.

Thank you! Yes I've checked a couple fo videos because it doesn't look super intuitive, I'll bring a spare tonight in case anything goes south. I've broken maybe one string in the past 15 years but you never know.

Finally got the time to take a couple of pictures of this beautiful guitar that arrived tuesday.

rdHCsOk.jpg

ks05C86.jpg

HmzuAbr.jpg

NR3WjPx.jpg

a8kEjwn.jpg

Great conditions overall, a few dings and the neck is nicely worn but for the most part it looks well taken care of.

Let me tell you, I initally wanted a "fender-ish" guitar with trem that was well made, just to fool around with a floating bridge, but this guitar is that and so much more and will actually be used A LOT.

Super well made, and the playability is outstanding. Pickups are HFS and VB, I don't especially like the HFS by itself but all the split combinations sound great.

I am mostly surprised by the wide thin neck. I've played mostly big necks for the past 10+ years but this is one truly comfortable carve, and so easy to work with, I'm having a hard time putting it down.

It's really such a joy to play. Hope you like it!

That guitar is in amazing condition for its age. However, if you get a chance, you should play a Classic Electric from '88 or so. Those guitars were a loss leader for PRS.

That guitar is in amazing condition for its age. However, if you get a chance, you should play a Classic Electric from '88 or so. Those guitars were a loss leader for PRS.

Will do if I get the chance! However, I really wanted the slightly later version with the 5 way rotary switch and the split coil option, because the very first ones with the maple fretboards only had a three way toggle.

Back