My first PRS. I think I'm in love.

Do you guys have a recommendation on a good affordable amp to pair with this guitar? Right now I've got a Blackstar HT5 1x12 combo, and it's pretty good. Was thinking of the Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb.
I play all mine thru a Boss Katana 100 combo. Great tones, ons of headroom, built-in FX, power to fill halls or quiet for bedroom.

Les beat me to the Sonzera recommendation. It would be a good match for the styles you're talking about - the clean channel is very good, and the drive channel leans a bit towards the classic sounds, more than the Archon or MT15. You can definitely get a lot of bang for your buck in that range these days.

@Tweaked
The title of this thread is "My first PRS. I think I'm in love." and was started over 24 hours ago.

Surely by now you must know that you're in love -- that it's more than just "think"?

What do you say? :D

Congrats and welcome to the fraternity. My advice is to be careful with the crowd here. They'll gently encourage you to step up and buy another PRS or two, and soon enough you'll be hopelessly hooked. I'm up to five core models including a PS or two, and still have the monkey on my back. I got it reeal baaaaddd man! :eek:

Gently? Bwahahahahahahaha!!

Ok, now that I have met my required post count, let me try posting some pics.

UP3vxB0.jpg

HD7Emud.jpg

E27jQxy.jpg

2puug8M.jpg

0NJmJ9R.jpg

RZb7rV3.jpg
WOW! That looks great! Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

Well then, thank you sergiodeblanc. Much appreciated. I think so to.

Do you guys have a recommendation on a good affordable amp to pair with this guitar? Right now I've got a Blackstar HT5 1x12 combo, and it's pretty good. Was thinking of the Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb.
I use an Ampeg Reverberocket. 50 watts, master volume, 2 channels and the best reverb I've ever heard built into an amp. Everything from bell-like cleans with tons of headroom to classic rock crunch. 3 12ax7's and 2 6L6's. Well built in America and much louder than you'd think from 50 watts. They are bargains on the used market.

I’ve been playing my PRS through a Friedman JJ Jr. It’s all tube and has “essentially” 2 different foot-switchable channels. Those 2 channels however, have 5 different voices (2 dirty and 3 clean).

It covers a super broad range of sounds; sounds great at bedroom level volumes; and the head version can even be safely played with no speaker load attached (there’s a combo version too).

it’s right at the top of your budget but worth every penny in my opinion.

Back