My First PRS Guitar!

Draven451

Hey everyone!

This is my first post on these forums. I’m excited to own my very first PRS. It’s a preowned PRS SE Zach Myers!

I recently got back into playing guitar after a long hiatus. I quickly got the urge to get a new guitar. So as I was looking around at different brands/models. A coworker showed me one of his guitars. I don’t remember the brand but it was a single cut style with an f-hole.

I never considered that style before but WHAM I knew I had to get one! During my search I came across the PRS SE Zach Myers in vintage burst and fell in love

Fortunately I was able to find a great deal on a preowned model in excellent condition with several upgrades.

When I received the guitar I couldn’t believe the level of quality and craftsmanship on such an affordable guitar. The satin neck is amazing! The great tone and it has sustain for days! I could go on and on about all the things I like.

It really puts my Epiphone Les Paul to shame.

Anyway I have been so impressed with the guitar that I want to learn more about its history. I tried looking at the PRS website for identifying by serial numbers but it was confusing and difficult to understand.

The serial number is CE028136
(Not sure if the third character is a zero or an “O”)

Can anyone help me figure out any additional information?

Thanks in advance!

Finally took some pics! Wow she is gorgeous! ✌

Last edited:
That's awesome Draven451! Congrats on your first PRS, and it likely won't be your last. ;)

Nice first choice, the ZM is a fantastic guitar, and I really like the Vintage Sunburst. Mine is Trampas Green, which I also really like. Saw one in that VS finish at Dave's that looked awesome, and I probably would have bought it if I hadn't had an awesome one already. :cool:

Be sure to post some pics when you get the chance. :)

All of the SEs that I have start wit "CE", and I believe that stands for certified Europe, or some such. So, since the first character of the SE serial is supposed to be a letter to indicate the year, it seems that yours is an "O", for 2014. Aside from that, we can't decipher any other details about the guitar just by the serial. Pics might possibly help identify pups and any mods.

Last edited:
I'm also looking for a ZM SE.
Was wondering if there a big difference in the newer model ( I believe it was release 3-4 years ago, or the older pre 2014's )

Congrats and welcome to the addiction!!!
Word of warning. Hold on to your wallet one's never enough.!!!

Congrats. Yeah, best advice is to practice oculi custodiam. Otherwise, one can contract PRS mesmerism syndrome.

Wife: you've been playing for two weeks, know 9 chords, and just bought a lovely PRS SE Custom!
Me: But ... just look at this 408 :: points to web image ::. I ... I could play those chords so much better ...

Yeah I started playing bass in 95' and guitar in 2000 and my wife wouldn't let me spend that kind of money on a guitar either. You guys chose right, to make a real investment in the instrument with one you can play for many years. For me, I've always gone up in price (all prices when new)...

1. $75 3/4 scale no name bass from a friend (sold that junk years ago)
2. $350 1996 Peavey Foundation bass
3. $500 2000 Mexican deluxe super strat
4. $550 2002 Alvarez Fusion acoustic
5. $830 2018 PRS SE custom Korean in a limited run color (Sapphire)

-k

Congrats. Yeah, best advice is to practice oculi custodiam. Otherwise, one can contract PRS mesmerism syndrome.

Wife: you've been playing for two weeks, know 9 chords, and just bought a lovely PRS SE Custom!
Me: But ... just look at this 408 :: points to web image ::. I ... I could play those chords so much better ...

Alternatively, stick with the same colour scheme and body shape. That way you can add more and your wife won't notice the difference. That way your [DC or SC] 594, Cu24, HBii, 509, Cu24 etc in [insert PRS Colour Scheme] will look basically the same as all your other PRS guitars. Unless she is a guitar nerd and notices the different arrangement of switches, pots, toggles and/or PU's of course. It may help if you also keep to flame or quilt and if you do stick to flame, try and keep to straight lines, not Chevron cuts for example - also stick to birds as that can take away the focus on the PU's and switch arrangement, also any differences in the striping...

Congrats! Sounds like a good buy, can’t go wrong with a ZM.

Listen to this Alan, no truer words have never been spoken.

Watch out for the other Alans though, they aren't necessarily to be trusted. ;)

No - listen to this Alan. If you haven't already ordered your second, you're falling behind. The longer you wait, the harder it is to get them all, and you can't have an incomplete collection. These other guys are just trying to get you to sit out for a while so they can swoop in and buy up all the guitars that should be yours.

I heard this was one of the friendliest guitar communities online. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the info on my guitar!

This is only my second post so I’m not sure when I’m allowed to post some pictures.

Look forward to spending more time here :)

I heard this was one of the friendliest guitar communities online. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the info on my guitar!

This is only my second post so I’m not sure when I’m allowed to post some pictures.

You are correct, this is the warmest group of enablers on the planet!

Or after your third post, whichever comes first.

See - now he’s going to have the OP working on taking pictures, editing them, retaking them because he thinks they’re crap or there’s an extra bit of glare or maybe his nipple was showing in the shot, then figuring out how to post them - and while all that’s going on, he and his cronies will be scanning all the online sales sites and snatching up all the guitars that are meant to be yours.

Don’t fall for it!!!

Congrats...I just got my ZM SE last week...(my 5th PRS). Unlike some guitar forums that degrade into name calling within 4 posts, this one is truly the best. I guess with great guitars come great people!

Back