My first PRS, Brent Mason model

Bilbicus

Hi, here are some pics of my first PRS. Brent Mason model in "Powder Blue". I am really happy with it, I play in a covers band that does a really broad range of stuff. It was a guitar that I agonised over getting, as it meant selling an amp and guitar to finance it but I have no regrets whatsoever.

It was second hand but you can't tell. Guitar and the case are mint. It was a commission sale and it looks like the previous owner barely touched it!

It is much more versatile than my Jazzmaster/Jaguar (which I have played for years). It wipes the floor with the Flying V I am selling to finance it. I can get strat, tele and humbucker tones with a tremolo and a better feel/playability. Other guitars I own gathering dust!
CK6bzx4.jpg

RTA00lW.jpg
VjhiqFS.jpg
sO8tOGU.jpg
14jluqt.jpg
cxJ0Yu6.jpg
W9885eB.jpg
RgSKfH4.jpg
J1sW4qP.jpg
N2nyHZv.jpg

Congrats and welcome to the club! Those BMs are sweet guitars!

So...what's your next PRS gonna be??o_O
Not thought of that yet, think if I was to mention thoughts about getting another one the wife would have words...!

Not thought of that yet, think if I was to mention thoughts about getting another one the wife would have words...!

The cool thing is with every prs that enters my house, my wife's will breaks down a little bit more.

By the time I'm done buying prs guitars, she will be completely numb!!!LOL

That is a unique beast. I like the maple board for sure!

Best to keep buying guitars and amps so that you just get a head shake now and again from the missus.

Smart looking guitar. Definitely more versatile than a Jazzmaster/Jaguar. And I'm a huge fan of those guitars.

Congrats from a fellow BM-owner! :)

My, you take some sweet-looking photographs! :)

Yes, you do. This photog recognizes professional lighting when I see it. What did you use?

Oh, and most importantly, great l;ooking new guitar! I will be posting photos of my first PRS here before the day is out!

May as well include a family photo.
Yes, you do. This photog recognizes professional lighting when I see it. What did you use?

Oh, and most importantly, great l;ooking new guitar! I will be posting photos of my first PRS here before the day is out!

Believe it or not I used sunlight - at this time of year it comes in my spare room (read: guitar room) window quite nicely and I got a tiny bit of diffusion from the window. I used a Canon EOS 750D on the macro setting with the autofocus. That's why you can see the window reflection in the pics!

There were a couple where I triggered the built in flash. But natural light always looks better IMO!

Great score and congrats from another BM user. If i had the chance i'd pick up one with a maple board too. They are so versatile and extremly under rated guitars.
1CA6A27E-A0D5-4B40-9050-3FDF300526EE_zpsgkfnk3nt.jpg

Great score and congrats from another BM user. If i had the chance i'd pick up one with a maple board too. They are so versatile and extremly under rated guitars.

That is a nice collection! That gold top is so cool.

Back