my First PRS and first post!

Christopher Lawton

Hello all!

So I normally wouldn't do this and put effort into signing up for a forum and then making a thread for a purchase. But I recieved my first ever PRS 3 days ago (PRS S.E Standard 24). So litterally the cheapest PRS there is as I've never owned one and didn't want to splash out loads of cash on something that may not be for me.

I've been playing guitars for 20 years, I'm now 34 and have owned A brand new Gibson Les Paul standard, many fender strata, a few ibanez etc etc and have to say I am BLOWN away by this PRS. For £550 it has actually blown my mind! It Plays like butter, it looks great especially with the zebra pickups, it's got the bird inlays so you feel like it looks like one of the big boys. There's not one bit of QC I can find wrong with it. It sounds just fantastic.

Hand on my heart if anyone ever chooses to read this and is considering one, if I had bought it for £1000 I would have still been happy.

Like I say I never ever would normally put effort into doing all this for a purchase but I can't tell you how impressed I am. Also a big shout out to Peach Guitars in the UK for getting it to me next day and doing an amazing job on the set up .

Already considering buying a Custom 24 S.E. Haha

paul-reed-smith-se-standard-24-2015-2017

This isn't mine but this is the closest one on the internet I could find, as I don't use any image sharing websites. I would even go to say mine looks a little better than this one in the picture as it has even darker edge and more of a nice burst.

Still amazed for £550

Hello all!

So I normally wouldn't do this and put effort into signing up for a forum and then making a thread for a purchase. But I recieved my first ever PRS 3 days ago (PRS S.E Standard 24). So litterally the cheapest PRS there is as I've never owned one and didn't want to splash out loads of cash on something that may not be for me.

I've been playing guitars for 20 years, I'm now 34 and have owned A brand new Gibson Les Paul standard, many fender strata, a few ibanez etc etc and have to say I am BLOWN away by this PRS. For £550 it has actually blown my mind! It Plays like butter, it looks great especially with the zebra pickups, it's got the bird inlays so you feel like it looks like one of the big boys. There's not one bit of QC I can find wrong with it. It sounds just fantastic.

Hand on my heart if anyone ever chooses to read this and is considering one, if I had bought it for £1000 I would have still been happy.

Like I say I never ever would normally put effort into doing all this for a purchase but I can't tell you how impressed I am. Also a big shout out to Peach Guitars in the UK for getting it to me next day and doing an amazing job on the set up .

Welcome, my first prs was the same guitar that I bought 5 months ago. I share the same view of it as you. I still cannot believe I got such a good guitar at that price.

I also just joined the PRS club. I hate the looks, but my god these thing play themselves. Glad to know Peach is good to work with. I've always watched their gear demos. A couple of those dudes play so good almost makes me want to give up LOL.

I got my P20E from Peach. No complaints particularly. The frets needed polishing and the strings weren’t amazing, but since they needed to come off in order to polish the frets it wasn’t a huge issue.

I was still surprised at the condition of the frets, however I’ve never bought a guitar that didn’t need something doing to it (even if it’s just minor setup, which I kind of expect).

Buying from Peach was painless though. They seem like a decent company to deal with.

Hello all!

Welcome Christopher! Must say I know exactly how you feel. I just got my first one on Feb 10, 2021. I was so enamored with how well it played, I have already purchased and received my second one and have a third on layaway. TOTALLY addictive IMO. Like six string crack! If you would like to participate in the poll about this addiction, here is the link https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/ngd-birtha-luna-bluvi.47429/ .

Have fun with your axe and post some pictures when you can!! And put up links to some of your music in the "Studio & Stage" forum here!

Cheers~
Moondog Wily

Last edited:
Hey Christopher
I am also new to the forum and I have just bought the exact same model in Tobacco sunburst. Just waiting for Monday now so I can get it into my hands and Boss GT1 and Vox amp :)

Hmmm not to sure how to share an image.

https://reverb.com/uk/p/paul-reed-s...Lr_tkzfIk_1oKNFJwlIyTejwP4stNi9xoCZRkQAvD_BwE

This one is almost identical to mine but mine has slightly darker edges
Hey Christopher, I just today set up a Flickr account for this purpose (sharing images). Many of my images (hosted at my own https site) were not able to be seen by users here at the forum. Flickr is free up to 1000 images. I have heard good things about imgur as well. I tried google photos, but could not figure out how to get a URL that would take me direct to a photo (wanted to push me to their page with no direct photo link available). Anyway, let me know if you want any additional details. Even at Flickr, had to take some steps to get the .jpg true path, but I can write up instructions on how to do so from there if need be!

Back