My First PRS, a Paul's

matonanjin

My wife and I visited my son in Chicago over the holidays. Of Course, in Chicago one has to visit Chicago Music Exchange, right?! While there I picked up a PRS, a P22, probably for the first time, and loved the feel. My wife encouraged me to buy it if I liked it but I just wasn't sure about the "P" model. And they were getting ready close and I didn't play it as much as I wanted to.

I've always been a huge Santana and driving home (to Omaha) told my wife that I would like that I would like to have a PRS in my collection someday. I said maybe I will fly back to Chicago and try a couple others. She said, "Well, don't they sell them in the guitar stores in Omaha?":rolleyes::D She often demonstrates much more logic than I.

So we visited our local store, which is actually in Council Bluffs, Tuesday. He had one on his website that is absolutely gorgeous. I tried it first but it was too heavy. (After 3 spinal surgeries weight is critical.) I tried several and then the owner of the store handed me this one and all common sense, logic and restraint went out the window. I immediately fell in love and had to own it.

It is a Paul's with the artist's package and 10-top. It is Mahogany body and neck and maple cap (all Paul's are?) and the Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard. I absolutely love the touch the brushstroke bird inlays add. Of course, it has the 408 pickups.

So every day since Tuesday I have played it about 2 hours. And I'll probably do that today, or more. Have I mentioned I'm in love?

IMG_0970-Edit.jpg

IMG_0971-Edit.jpg
IMG_0972-Edit.jpg

Wow! That looks incredible!

How do you like the 408s?

BTW, you have an awesome wife!
I really, really like the 408's. They are so versatile. With them I am thinking I can actually replace the sound of some of my other guitars with this. And possible sell some of my other guitars (Strat?). I know that is blasphemy on here:eek:. But why does a guy that can't play yet need as many guitars as I have? My wife was actually counting the other day and asked me how many I have!

(And, yes, I do have an awesome wife!)

Last edited:
Excellent first choice for a guitar. I really like the pickups and electronics on mine.

I really, really like the 408's. They are so versatile. With them I am thinking I can actually replace the sound of some of my other guitars with this. And possible sell some of my other guitars (Strat?). I know that is blasphemy on here:eek:. But why does a guy that can't play yet need as many guitars as I have? My wife was actually counting the other day and asked me how many I have!

(And, yes, I do have an awesome wife!)

Really good to hear that about the pickups. They look "odd" to me, but I want to try them out!

Funny that you mentioned selling gear off (may God have mercy on your soul!) but my wife convinced me to sell off a bunch of guitars, amps, and other gear that I haven't touched in years. To quote her - "I'd rather you turn that stuff that you don't use into something that you will use.....like another PRS." Who can argue with that?!

Phenomenal looking PG. I'm a big fan of the 408s in general, and of the narrow bridge pickup in the Paul's Guitar in particular.

I have the pickups on a 20th Private Stock Anniversary model that came out late last year (it also has a Narrowfield middle pickup that is equally good).

In any case, you made a superb choice!

Congrats !!! Great guitars I am also a 408 fan and a Brushstroke bird fan :)

Back